Gem's Art Wall

Gem's Art Wall

Postby Gemini » September 14th, 2012, 6:22 am

EDIT (12/25/15): If you are stumbling on this thread for the first time, then please skip the first page or two. The art there is incredibly old and outdated, and doesn't fairly represent my current skill level. :ocwap:

Thank you.

EDIT (8/11/18): Actually just please skip to here

----- (end edit) -----

School started for me the other day, and - being the scatterbrained doodler I am - I simply had to occupy myself by drawing with a simple mechanical pencil and a random sheet of notebook paper. Given the rather impromptu nature of this, I got neither the best results nor access to my normal pencils... but maybe it's adequate regardless.

I edited a little on the computer, but that was a bit hard since I don't have Photoshop. Really all I did was add some contrast and try to get rid of (most of) those pesky blue lines on the page. There is also no real background to speak of. xD

Hope you guys like it, and tell me what you think. :D
Attachments
Hofvarpnir Edited.jpg
My Horse :3
Last edited by Gemini on August 12th, 2018, 4:34 am, edited 6 times in total.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Re: I was bored, so this is what I drew...

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » September 14th, 2012, 11:22 am

Your a great drawer! :D
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby SophieCub » September 14th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Thats really good! ^^ I can't even draw a horse. xD
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Tora » September 14th, 2012, 6:20 pm

Very nice. You should keep up the good work. :)
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Gemini » September 15th, 2012, 7:31 pm

Thanks guys. :D lol I've never really posted any of my art online before, so I was wondering what the reaction would be. Maybe I'll post some of my other stuff too.
Attachments
Project Mayhem Title Cover Edit.jpg
I don't do a lot of work on the computer... this is my best, I think. XD
Project Mayhem Title Cover Edit.jpg (6.4 KiB) Viewed 10566 times
Innocence- Original.jpg
Another horse I doodled last year... again, no background XD
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » September 16th, 2012, 5:58 am

Gemini, how do you draw so well?
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Check Y'all

Postby SNAZ » September 16th, 2012, 4:54 pm

Yeah, how do u draw so well?

Twin
Userbars and Extra stuffs: show
Thanks Julie Skywalker for my AWESOME siggy and avvy :-D
SNAZ
Scar Rules

But I still like Simba ;)

Nickname(s): SNSZ123, Shaz, snaz, Twin(GeminiGemelo)
Pride Points: 9

Postby Eli_Ayase » September 16th, 2012, 7:34 pm

^ Well not everyone can have talent in drawing y'know.
It's all just talent within you.
---
Anywho, lovely drawings there :) I love the cartoon-like horse very much.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Gemini » September 17th, 2012, 4:13 am

Thank you all so much for the compliments - they mean a lot! :D

For all you who asked how I learned to draw as well as I do, I'm going to be honest and say that I've been drawing/doodling horses a lot over the past five years. My first ones looked like cows with oddly-shaped heads, so I think this is a definite improvement. XD Although I suppose anything would have been an improvement over my early drawings... whcih I know for a fact because I still have some of them. lol

I would post more, but what exactly to put up escapes me at the moment... So I'll just give you all the title cover for my most popular fanfiction work thus far, Trampled. (It's on fanfiction.net if any of you are interested :3) In the meantime, maybe I'll go back to the drawing board (no pun intended) and have something new for you all tomorrow. ;)

Twin :fly:
Attachments
Trampled Title Cover Edit.jpg
Trampled's Title Cover - a wildebeest hoof with blood and tears on it... XD I have a weird imagination. Point taken.
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » September 18th, 2012, 12:40 pm

Pretty good, but if you just make things smoother it'd be perfect. If you are good at graphics, your flaws in art may fade, unless they are critical flaws. Try using photoshop of gimp to neaten up the edges, your a great drawer though! Better than I am, I can tell you that.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Check Y'all

Next

Return to Off-Topic Creativity