Carl's Art

Re: Julie's Art Corner

Postby Rainsong » April 6th, 2014, 4:07 pm

Very nice art, keep at it :D
Rainsong

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 3

Postby Carl » April 25th, 2014, 5:31 pm

^ Thank you. :dreamy:

Here's a sketch I drew at school that I'm planning on finishing up digitally.

IMG_20140425_112454.jpg

edit: I finished it up.

rainbowdash.png
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Carl » May 19th, 2014, 5:44 am

Here's a 30-minute sketch I just did to work on my humans... I haven't drawn any of those in well over a year. :omg4:

Anyway this is supposed to be Ellis and Rochelle from Left 4 Dead 2... I don't ship them, I don't think, but there's a few instances in the game where the two seem kinda sorta flirty, so I've been kinda wanting to write a fic involving them and anyway I've been playing the game lots and decided to draw them together. It could use a lot of work, I know, but I'm gonna leave it as is and do some other sketches instead.

EDIT:// Here's a better one of just Ellis. Love this dude.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » August 15th, 2014, 4:51 am

Here's a couple of Teen Titans sketches I did about a month ago. I think I may finish them digitally at some point. I hope to get to Robin, Starfire, and Cyborg soon too, but we'll see.

Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » August 24th, 2014, 5:35 am

This is something I drew for the Troll-Warriorz group on deviantArt. The group was created by Rinjapine and uses different types of internet trolls as a basis for the troll creatures that are collected, raised, battled, and bred. I don't have much time for it, but it's fun when I do, and fun to see what others are doing with it.

The lioness shown is "me;" a character known as Tahira that I have taken to using to represent myself in the troll-verse.

Click the image if you need or want to see it enlarged.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » November 15th, 2014, 5:35 pm

Here's something I finished back on the 8th of this month and hadn't gotten around to posting here yet. I like the style, but I'm going to need a drawing tablet before I attempt something like this again; doing it with my mousepad took like 30+ hours or something. And I used premade brushes for the background, even...

Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » February 16th, 2015, 6:42 am

Ugh all of my drawings are all stretched and not showing right... so ugly thread...

Anyway, I made a new off topic drawing to share with you lot.

billiearies.png

Yeah, most of y'all are prolly already aware that I have had the plot twist of my life, whereby I somehow came to like the ponies... I had disliked the show before, having seen a few episodes and never thought I would like it. But recently, I became more stressed than I ever had been before. So much so that I felt like giving up on everything and didn't really know what to do. I remembered Regulus had told me that the show helped him to deal with stress. I had never judged him for liking it, but I had never understood either. After fighting with my girlfriend and my family a lot due to this stress, I was desperate for something, anything, and so, remembering what he had said, I decided to give it a second chance.

I started the first episode and cringed in preparation for the theme song, which had greatly annoyed me in the past, and when it started, I found it was much less annoying this time around. Intrigued, I watched on. Now I'm nearly to the end of Season 1, and to be honest, while I still don't like the rabidity of the fandom in some places, the show has really grown on me. The characters all have to deal with a lot of the same kinds of stress as I do, and somehow watching them overcome it and continue being happy helps me to be more happy, even though my problems aren't going away. At first I was ashamed of this newfound liking, but it has helped my mood a lot, and so I decided to embrace it--somewhat at least.

I feel more like it's okay if I do my best and fail now, though that still worries me... At any rate, this show somehow, miraculously, against my expectations, restored my sanity and is helping me to cope with life. So I found a pony maker and created myself a ponysona. Then I tried to draw her myself and this is the result... well.

MLP style is hard for me to draw. I'll have to try to recreate the style I drew Rainbow Dash in a while back, or come up with a new one.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » March 15th, 2015, 3:05 am

I have another drawing I wanna share; it's my ponysona Billie Aries in my new pony style. :cheese:
billieariesdeviantid.png
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » March 20th, 2015, 5:03 am

I drew this to use as an avatar, but I wasn't satisfied with it when I tested it as such. Here it is anyway. I may still use it for that purpose later.

georgette.png
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » March 26th, 2015, 3:39 am

Finished up a sketch I've had sitting around for a month or so. It was somewhat reffed from a picture of Ponyta.
fluttershy.png
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Creativity