No Name

No Name

Postby LionPrincess » April 29th, 2014, 2:58 pm

I don't have a name for this yet as i have only just started writing it, to me there is something not right about it, any suggestions on how i could make it better? ..

As I walked to the door of our new home all sorts of things where running through my mind, other than the obvious” oh my god this place is a dump” and “I wish we had never had to move here” there was also “I wonder what people round here are like” and “I hope my new school is ok” this was our 4th move in two years, on the outside the house looked old and run down, the paint around the window frames was faded and cracked and the house its self looked like it could fall down any minute, just like all the other houses on the street, old sandstone buildings that looked like they could use a good lick of paint, as I walked through the creaky old door frame, the inside of the house was a bit of an improvement, but really not much, “I get first dibs on rooms” my little sister Abigail screeched as she rushed past me, almost knocking me off my feet, “watch where you’re going you little ginger creep” I shouted as she disappeared up the stairs, Abigail was 3 years younger than me, she was just like any typical 12 year old I suppose, a pain in the ass, she had long red hair and lovely big brown eyes, and salo skin, she had a really mystical look about her, almost like out of a fairy tale, I would never tell her that though, unlike me, I was just normal looking, black straight hair, bright blue eyes and pale skin, I made my way up the staircase, on my way up I noticed some old pictures on the walls of a family, the pictures looked about fifty years old, at the back stood a tall man with a beard, next to him, sitting on a chair, a really pretty looking woman all in black, and kneeling down in front of them a young boy and girl, I looked back to my mum, who was carrying the last of the boxes through the door, “mum, who do these pictures belong to?” I asked her, wondering why they had been left, my mum walked up the stairs to join me looking at the photographs “ must be the previous owners I guess” she answered, I looked at her in disbelief “mum seriously, these pictures look older than you” I said jokingly with a slight giggle, she looked at me rather seriously, “ well we are the first people to live here for forty-six years, some people say its haunted” she joked in a spooky voice while heading back to her previous box moving, I laughed and headed back on my way up stairs, as I got to the top of the stairs it was almost as if I was being drawn to the bedroom at the end of the hall, I headed down the hall, passing the room that Abigail was shouting from “this is my room Anna” almost in a daze, I pushed open the door and stood in front of me was an old fashioned mirror, it was gold rimmed with a carved floral pattern, I had never seen anything like it in my life, Abbie ran in behind me, “this your room then Anna” she said tugging on my sleeve “yeh, it is” I said while gently shrugging her off, still in a sort of daze as I walked towards the mirror “and this can stay in here” I told her as I ran my fingers round the frame, We spent the rest of that day putting all of our things into our rooms and unpacking all of our clothes, when all my furniture was in my room the mirror found its perfect place in the corner facing my bed, that night at dinner all I could think about was why I was so drawn to that room, it was almost like it picked me, I thought I was going mad, I finished my dinner and headed off to bed without even saying a word to mum and Abbie while they droned on about school, I got to my room and changed into my pajamas before climbing into bed and drifting off to sleep.
The next morning I woke up with the heat of the sun beaming in the window, I sat up and stretched myself before taking a look around the room, as my eyes scanned past the mirror I swore I could have seen someone sitting beside me, but when I looked back they were gone, “must have imagined it” I thought to myself as I got up from my bed and headed towards my drawers to pick out clothes for my first day at my new school,
LionPrincess

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

life takes your dreams and turns them upside down.

Pride Points: 5

Re: No Name

Postby TomCat » July 6th, 2014, 5:48 pm

TomCat
Lala kahle, my dear sister...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Return to Off-Topic Creativity