His Wavering Moods

His Wavering Moods

Postby MalibuTrashDog » September 29th, 2009, 9:03 pm

Ok so this is a little excerpt I wrote that belongs to a bigger story. It centers around a girl named Charlie and her love, a boy named Phillip. They're best friends and do everything together but sometimes their relationship is strained due to Phillip having random bouts of depression and indifference. Yet through it all Charlie still stays by his side and suffers through it all with him.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charlie had just gotten a job in the same company complex as her dear friend Phillip. Although she was working in the same area, they belonged to different departments. So you can be sure it came as a big surprise to them when they found that by looking through their office window, they could see into each other's office. Due to the way the large building was built, their offices were in opposite locations but the window faced each other. At any time if they peered through the windows they could see what the other was doing, which didn't make them feel as lonely. So through the day they tended to wave at each other and smile, sometimes they'd toss little notes and things to each other to let the other know that they were always on the mind.

One day, as Charlie was finishing up a task, she rolled her chair to the window to look into Phillip's office. Usually she'd see him sitting at his desk, clicking away at his iPears. Not today though, today his desk was empty. This worried her, they had come to work together like they always did. Neither of them ever left early, they always left together since they lived in the same house. She looked back at her own iPear desktop and clicked onto his little IM window. There hadn't been an IM from him in over two hours. Normally they spent more time talking then working, it was a laid back job and there was never much to do. Charlie closed the IM window and set her pencil on her desk as she got up and made her way out of her office.

She turned down various hallways that all looked the same. Grey carpets and white walls. Eventually she reached Phil's office where she raised a hand tentively and knocked. She waited a couple minutes and receiving no answer she tried the knob. It slid in her hand easily and she quietly pushed the door open and entered, closing it softly behind her. Although every office was painted the generic white, they were decorated to suite the tastes of the individual working within. She noted the soft beanbag chairs he had sitting on one side of the room. All over the walls Phil had hung various posters sporting the names of his favorite animated movies, such as the one called "Vehicles". Charlie was also happy to see he had proudly taped to the walls the various little doodles she made him. She then turned towards his big wooden desk where his sleek iPear laptop and desktop were sitting. They glowed brightly and had a low whirring noise as they sat idly, waiting for fingers to grace their keys. She chuckled as she saw Phil's vast army of toys scattered all over his desk like little soldiers. She knew he tended to play with them whenever he was bored. She came around slowly to the side of his desk and took a glance at his computer screen. He had the Inca 3D software running and his current project was sitting on the screen waiting to be completed. Her eyes caught slight movement from under the desk. She leaned over, supporting herself with a hand, and peered underneath to see what it was.

....To Be Continued

(I have to get to class, booo)
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Re: His Wavering Moods

Postby Baya » September 29th, 2009, 9:10 pm

Wow, i hope he isn't cutting himself or anything >_<

It reminds me of "Dead Poet Society", where one of the main characters doesn't get to do what he wants with his life because his parents want him to be a doctor. He shot himself :(
Gone for good.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Postby MalibuTrashDog » September 30th, 2009, 11:30 pm

[quote="Kivuli"]Wow, i hope he isn't cutting himself or anything >_<

It reminds me of "Dead Poet Society", where one of the main characters doesn't get to do what he wants with his life because his parents want him to be a doctor. He shot himself :([/quote]

Haha nah he's not cutting himself, and that sucks about the main character shooting himself =(

I'll post the next part of this up v. soon.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MalibuTrashDog » October 1st, 2009, 12:27 am

As her eyes adjusted to the darkness, Charlie noticed Phil's lean form huddled in a corner. He had his golden haired head rested on his knees, covering his face where she couldn't see him. His arms were hugging his legs close to his chest. She sighed, relief washing over her. Softly she called out to him, "Phillip? Phil, honey are you alright?"

He raised his head slowly and looked up at her upside-down face. The tips of her chestnut hair sweeping the floor. He didn't answer her, he just stared. His eyebrows furrowed and a pained look crossed his eyes, his mouth pulled down at the corners in a grimace. Charlie frowned back at him in worry and she pulled her head back up, disappearing from Phil's sight. She reappeared again, crawling under the desk to join him. She faced him and stared him in the eyes with her piercing grey ones. Slowly she reached out and placed her hand on his arm. "Phil, what's wrong?"

He sighed, rubbing his face with his hand. "I'm disappointed Charlie. I'm disappointed with myself, I'm in a rut where nothing I do is good enough. I hate everything I do and I feel like I'm not getting anywhere with things. I feel like I'm not improving, like I suck..." he covered his face with his hands, moaning sadly.

Charlie reached over and took his face into her own hands so that he was looking at her. "Phillip listen to me. You are wonderful and talented, don't hate what you do because quite frankly it's the best I have seen anyone do. Have you stopped to take a look at where you are? You are living the dream! You've gotten into your dream job and have everything you want, which is more than I can say about most of our peers. You are here because you've earned it. Also, apparently you are improving, or else our bosses wouldn't be trusting you with the work they've given you."

Phil looked at her, "do you really mean it? You're not just saying all this because you like me are you?"

Charlie smiled and kissed him on the nose, "I mean every word I say, if it were otherwise I'd tell you. Honestly I am very jealous of your skill and I wish I was half as good as you are."

Phillip laughed, his blue eyes regaining their brilliant sparkle, "you always did know how to make me feel better."

She smiled and clasped his hands into her own, "I love you Phillip, I just want you to be happy. I want you to realized how amazing you are."

-That's as far as I've gotten, please bear with me as I think up the rest of the story 8)

To Be Continued...
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Return to Off-Topic Creativity