OT writing competition revival

OT writing competition revival

Postby it means no worries » February 23rd, 2018, 6:01 pm

I’m thinking of (an attempt at) reviving the OT writing competition because I think this will appeal to a wider range of people than the TLK specific ones do. We’ll try the first round without prompts, they can be put in later if deemed necessary. If some people actually reply to this thread then I’ll set deadlines/word counts etc

Standard rules:
>1000-4000 words
>No plagiarizing
>PG-13

This is being revived, haven't decided a submission deadline just yet
Last edited by it means no worries on September 13th, 2018, 5:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Re: OT writing competition revival

Postby FlipMode » February 23rd, 2018, 6:04 pm

I like written..
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Gemini » February 24th, 2018, 4:51 pm

Woot woot
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby it means no worries » February 24th, 2018, 7:07 pm

[quote="Gemini"]Woot woot[/quote]

You can involve horses but keep it PG-13 ;)
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » February 25th, 2018, 1:57 pm

Welp, sounds fun but I’m probably going to embarrass myself.
How will the judging work?
“Arthur, I finally have my answer to your question, “Why do you think birds fly?” Birds fly because they want to fly. They don’t need a reason to, even if their wings snap and doom them to die. They don’t fly for anyone’s benefit. They don’t fly because they were ordered to. They fly because they want to fly and for no other reason!”
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby Gemini » February 25th, 2018, 3:36 pm

[quote="SwagaliciousXXX"]Welp, sounds fun but I’m probably going to embarrass myself.
How will the judging work?[/quote]

Host usually posts the submissions without revealing the author and whoever wants to read and vote will do so. :)
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » February 25th, 2018, 4:49 pm

Ooooh! Another question. Since it’s OT, can the submission be about anything or does it have to be vaguely related to The Lion King?
“Arthur, I finally have my answer to your question, “Why do you think birds fly?” Birds fly because they want to fly. They don’t need a reason to, even if their wings snap and doom them to die. They don’t fly for anyone’s benefit. They don’t fly because they were ordered to. They fly because they want to fly and for no other reason!”
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby WildSimba » February 25th, 2018, 5:34 pm

It can be about anything, doesn't have to be related to The Lion King at all if you don't want it to be.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby FlipMode » February 25th, 2018, 8:29 pm

[quote="SwagaliciousXXX"]Ooooh! Another question. Since it’s OT, can the submission be about anything or does it have to be vaguely related to The Lion King?[/quote]

Not for this contest :)
We do have a Lion King writing contest as well though
viewforum.php?f=155

But this one can be about anything.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » March 7th, 2018, 9:05 pm

How do we enter our story? Are they still going to be anonymous like they were before by PMing them to you?
FlipMode

Next

Return to Off-Topic Creativity