Left Out (Reese's Life)

Left Out (Reese's Life)

Postby Kipekee » June 30th, 2014, 4:24 am

Disowned by her mother ... Ignored by her father ... Bullied by her sister ... Little brother Alec was Reese's only friend, even though he was too shy to talk to himself, never mind his older twin. What will it take for young Reese to escape her bad-luck beginning? Will she have a peaceful adulthood, or a bitter end?
Find out in the shortstory titled with the only two words best to describe this young upstart's life:
Left Out.
Kipekee
Get off my lawn whippersnapper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Queen of Sass

Nickname(s): Miss Fabulous
Pride Points: 23

Left Out

Postby Kipekee » July 1st, 2014, 12:40 am

p r o l o g u e

If there was one person, one villain in my life... it would be my sister. Well, my mother wasn't any better, and my father barely ever acknowledged my existence, but my sister... oh my god. If my mother was lightning, then my sister would be the fire that the lightning caused. My sister. My sister. My freaking sister. So pristine and perfect- all the girls crowded around her, asking what she did to her "glowing" fur, and all the boys, they practically licked the ground she walked on. Me? I was the laughing stock, leading the parade of dorks, bullied and stared at. And all of that chaos-
It was started by my sister.
I was bullied by my own sister.
By my own blood.
"Lee'Ann, can I play with you?" I would ask.
"Ugh! No! My name is XOYANA, you stupid creep! Only lions outside of the pride call me Lee'Ann! You ugly bird brain, get away from me!" She would shriek, and run off.
And worst of all- my mother let Le- Xoyana (my sister) wear all of her leopard-print items! All her leopard-print scarves, tail braces, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. And the only time that I got to see them is when Xoyana was the manikin, the hanger, the model.
I loved leopard-print...

Anywho.

The day started quite routine. I got up, I messed with my bangs (same thing as brushing- just run your claws through), and bathed myself, since my mother didn't even bother to check on me. I said hi to my younger twin, Alec, who was my only friend, and tried to tip-toe past Xoyana, who was wearing my mother's leopard-print scarf/sash. It didn't work.
"Hey, you." She snarled, raising her tuftless tail.
Then it struck me-
No lion in my family had a normal tail. Either it had no tuft, or something else (like a split tail, or a bobbed tail, or a fluffy, wolf-like tail). I was the only one with a tufted tail!
Was it, all along, only for my tail?
"EARTH TO LOSER!" Xoyana shouted.
Oh, boy, here we go.
"How come you haven't learned to listen to me, you trashy little rat?" The blonde lioness snorted. (She was born that way- its some new disease. And of course, she was the first one to have it.) "Are you stupid enough to never learn? Oh, wait, even stupid lions listen to me. You're so dumb, you're probably a mutant with no brain!"
A mutant.
My tail.
Well, that hurts.
"Ugh, go away, you furless weasel." (For a lion, that's supposed to be offensive. And it is.) "And don't even try ruining my perfect day."
She turned, kicked her feet (pretending to throw dirt), and walked off, snout in the air.
Tears ran down my cheeks as I slipped out of the den. Another day to be spent alone. No one played with me, maybe Alec, but then Mom would ruin it by calling him for something.
I curled up and closed my eyes, drifting into a deep nap...

(To be continued)
Kipekee

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Queen of Sass

What's a Mother's Love?

Postby Kipekee » July 2nd, 2014, 1:54 am

"Reese! You better respect your sister a little bit more."
"Reese! I expect this to be clean by the time I get back."
"Reese! Watch your brother, I'm going out hunting."
Reese this, Reese that. My mother never took it easy on me. She's not mean or anything, she just focuses more on Le- ahem, Xoyana- than me and Alec, my twin brother. I must be a mosquito to her or something because she just pushes me aside and gives Xoyana all the love. There's something about Xoyana that she absolutely adores.
"Mother?" I said, approaching the charcoal lioness. She growls, and then sighs. "What." I could tell that she REALLY has better things to do. Yeah, I have better things to do too. With my family I shouldn't even bother.
"Can you play with me?"
"Not now." She inquired, and she walked out of the den with her- surprise, tuftless- tail swishing.
Ugh... maybe I'll have better luck with Dad.
Running out of the den, I searched for his red fur and neon green mane. I seeked out his electric violet eyes in the shadows or his white cresent birthmark glowing in the sun.
I had to find my Dad, maybe I'll see if he's just too busy.
Last edited by Kipekee on August 1st, 2014, 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kipekee

Queen of Sass

Tough

Postby Kipekee » July 31st, 2014, 1:52 am

He flicked his broken tail, emotionless eyes staring at his pride, his red fur collecting heat from the sun. I approached him, laying down at his paws and purring. No reaction. I started to jump up and down in front of him so he could see me. No reaction. I pawed at his broken tail so that he could whip around and play. He just moved it to another spot.
What a good father I have.
"Dad." I said, and he just totally ignored me like I didn't exist. "Dad." No reaction. "Dad. Dad. Dad." Nothing. Wow, am I invisible? I'm going to have to give up. Turning around, I trotted away, giving up all hope of playing with anyone today. Little did I know that my father sighed and shook his head.
"You got it tough, kid." He muttered, watching me disappear into the den.
"You got it real tough."
Kipekee

Queen of Sass

Return to Fan Fictions