Somewhere Out There

Somewhere Out There

Postby TheWhistlerify » May 23rd, 2014, 6:12 am

Also on fanfiction.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10370841/1 ... -Out-There

Author's Note: I think, after more than 4 years on this forum of continuously role playing as well as really getting into writing in general, that it's about time I wrote a proper lion king story.

This story is going to be a homage to the first real active RP I took part in on this forum. It was a private RP of the same name with a user named Nakisisa. While my writing was quite horrible at the time and the RP itself was rather silly, I ended up getting a lot of ideas for its storyline but unfortunately we never got to finish it.

This fanfic will be quite different, but it was inspired by the RP nevertheless.

Cover Photo (make sure to read the intro, which can be found below, before you look at it, please!)
I DID NOT DRAW THIS IMAGE AND AM NOT CLAIMING IT AS MY OWN!
Here's a link to the D.A profile of the artist who does own it!
http://katikut.deviantart.com/art/Firef ... -120423317
And here's the drawing itself (again, I do not own it):
Spoiler: show

*******************************************************************************************************************

Intro (used as my entry for the 26th writing contest):
Some souls suffer in silence. The silence of the victim, that is. Real silence; utter, rare and absolute silence, is sometimes the severest form of criticism.

Vitani slowly went over to her brother's side before turning to face her mother and the rest of her pride members. Every single one of them (and possibly the pridelanders, too, but she had her back turned on them) was staring directly at her. Some looked in shock and disbelief, but one specific pair of eyes looked at her with anger. "Enough…" said the worn out outsider, looking back into those two eyes.

Ever since the banishment she's done nothing but wonder why. Why couldn't she have grown up like a regular cub? Why did her mother have to believe that friends were for the weak? Why did she, and especially poor Nuka, grew up while barely getting any of Zira's attention, which wasn't even close to being the care a growing cub deserved to begin with? Why did she, who had lived in the Pridelands as a cub and grew to love absolutely everything about them, ended up following her mother absentmindedly as if the past never existed? Why did her older brother have to die? Lastly; why, why in the name of all the Great Kings of the Past had her mother done that horrible, unjustified act, ultimately leading to their exile?

All was silent. Surely Zira would listen to her own daughter, right? She was only ignoring Kovu because she was still angry about Nuka's death. Yes, that had to be it. The stillness lasted only for a few seconds before being interrupted by Zira, and yet it seemed to last forever. "If you will not fight," said the leader of the Outsiders, smiling ghastly at Vitani, "then you will die as well."

Vitani was shocked. She knew the possibility of Zira not listening to her was very likely, but to have her own mother threaten her with death - not for helping the pridelanders instead of the outlanders but for simply claiming to refuse to continue fighting for either side? Still rooted to the spot, she briefly looked at her pride members (or former pride members, by the looks of it). Not a single one of them seemed to be even slightly touched by the attempt of Kovu and Kiara, nor did they look like they would hesitate to operate with hostility towards her and Kovu.

"Y-you can't be serious…" said Vitani with pure astonishment, still looking at the outsiders. The last time she'd felt so confused and afraid was right before their banishment. "All this time we've been throwing lives away like dirt, and for what?!" She knew that Kiara was right. What was it that kept her pride members from understanding that their pointless feud with Simba's pride has gone too far and for too long? "Just because we disagree with one another?!" There Simba and the pridelanders were, seemingly willing to stop the fight and end the rivalry for good, and not a single outlander was going to even consider it?

Zira, who seemed to have heard quite enough from her treacherous daughter, snickered menacingly. "Attack!"
Vitani remained completely frozen as one of her former pride members roared and pounced directly in her direction. In any other situation she would fight back in order to defend herself, but she just couldn't get herself to even consider hurting one of her own. Just as the attacking lioness was about to collide with her she was struck by a blur of brown and black. Kovu. He did not attack the outsider, but simply tackled her away before she could reach his sister. "Stop!" he begged, but before he, Vitani and Kiara knew it, the pridelanders once again had no choice but to fight for their lives.

In what seemed like no time, Simba found himself once more face to face with Zira, who had that sinister, confident smile on her face. Why wouldn't she, though? She had the king of Pride Rock exactly where she wanted him. "Sorry, Simba, but your precious little daughter isn't going to save you!" she yelled with arrogance as she slowly approached her target, looking more than sure of herself. "The Pridelands are Scar's!"

"No."

Despite all the noise caused by the fighting around them Zira had somehow managed to catch the king's response. "What did you say?!" she asked, her voice a snarl. Somehow that very simple reply seemed to have more impact than any other choice of words would have had.

"I said no." Simba didn't need to growl or even bare his teeth in order for Zira to notice the resolute determination in his eyes. It enraged her.

With a loud roar the queen of the Outlands charged. The two fought for what seemed like ages. The fighting around them slowly ceased, with everyone's attention focusing on their battle. Nobody dared to interfere. Kiara and Kovu wanted to try to stop them, but they knew that any attempt would be pointless. Zira could not be reasoned with, and Simba couldn't stop fighting back because Zira wasn't going to leave him be. As horrible as watching their parents fight like that was, there wasn't anything they could do.

No matter what Zira tried to pull off she was simply unable to gain the upper hand. This infuriated her even more. She'd planned this out so carefully by attacking Pride Rock after the ambush on Simba earlier and she even waited for her lionesses to weaken him even more before taking him on herself. How come he was still able to stand, not to mention fend her off? Why couldn't he just drop and die already?! She could not understand. Of course she couldn't. A lioness like Zira would never understand.

Growing up believing he was responsible for his father's death only to find out that the uncle he's looked up to and admired as a cub was the one to blame… All the work he's put into the Pridelands after Scar's demise in order to rebuild them into the beautiful and prosperous kingdom Mufasa had left behind… Everything he's been through in his entire life… Did Zira truly believe that Simba was going to just let it all be for nothing? That he was going to let her hurt his family and pride members?

At some point the two of them broke apart and simply stood there, growling at each other and panting. Zira couldn't help but feel slightly satisfied with the fact that Simba looked more hurt and tired than she was (for obvious reasons). "Don't you see it's over, Simba?!" she exclaimed, her voice ringing out throughout the area now that the commotion around them no longer existed. "You can't keep going like this forever! This is the end of you!"

"No! It is not over, Zira!" Silence followed. It took everybody a second to realize that the voice they'd just heard was not Simba's. The king's aggressive expression, which was directed at Zira, was replaced by a look of confusion. That voice, the source of which was somewhere behind him, couldn't possibly belong to a lioness. However, it wasn't Kovu's either. In the corners of his eyes he could see that all the lionesses surrounding him and Zira, pridelanders and outsiders alike, were looking at the speaker with shocked expressions on their faces. Only Zira still had her gaze fixed directly at Simba. It was possible that she wasn't paying attention, or maybe he was blocking her view.

Then, in his curiosity, the king of Pride Rock ended up doing the one thing he'd always warned Kiara to never do. He turned his back on an outsider. Before he could even focus well enough in order to figure out who he was looking at he found himself being forced down to the ground, his injured legs easily giving in under Zira's weight. The last thing he remembered before everything turned black was a sharp pain in his neck followed by a roar of rage as a blurry figure leaped over his head and shoved Zira away.

The first sense Simba regained was his sense of hearing. He could make out a few faint voices around him. A few seconds passed and he could suddenly tell he was lying on his side. The floor was very cold. The words spoken around him slowly became louder and clearer as the king of the Pridelands slowly drifted back into consciousness. Where was he? What was going on? Only after concentrating really hard for a few seconds he was able to recall what had happened.

Simba slowly breathed through his nose, smelling the air that surrounded him. The fragrance of rain after a long period of dry days was present, but it was very faint. A possible explanation to that was that it's been about a day since it last rained and, therefore, about a day since the attack of the outlanders. The more logical explanation, seeing how there was no wind, was that he was no longer outside in the open where the battle against Zira and her followers had taken place. Was he inside the den?

The king tried to move, but his limbs refused to respond to his will. Eventually, after what felt like eternity but was actually a long moment filled with fear and uncertainty, he was finally able to understand what was being said somewhere near him.

"Well?" Nala's voice... Thank the Great Kings of the Past! She sounded impatient and quite worried to say the least, but her voice assured Simba that he was safe now and that the outlanders were gone. If he could have shown any signs of panic at that moment, then he would have. After all, while Nala sounded okay, he had no idea whether the same could be said about their daughter.

"Rafiki did all that he could do." Simba immediately recognized the mandrill's voice and accent. "The king was very lucky, but… You must prepare yourselves for anything… There is a chance that-"

"That what?" came Kiara's unstable voice, cutting Rafiki short. It was a huge relief to find out that she was okay, too.

"There's no way to know for sure at the moment." continued the mandrill, his voice filled with concern. "There is a chance that your father will not live through this…" As he said this Kiara burst into tears. "The next few days are going to be crucial… I am very sorry…"

"Kiara, please don't cry…" said Kovu quietly. He couldn't bear to see his loved one like this.

"Thank you for coming all this way, Rafiki." said Nala as calmly as she could.

"It was all Rafiki's pleasure, my queen."

"How are you holding up?" Nala asked. Simba couldn't tell, but he assumed that she talking to their daughter. It was absolutely typical of his mate – making sure that others were okay despite how worried she was herself. That was one of the many traits Nala had which Simba valued so much.

However, to the king's surprise, Kiara wasn't the one who answered her. "I…" The den became silent, the only other noise being Kiara's weeping. "I don't know…" The voice was filled with doubt, but what caught Simba's attention the most was the fact that, while his initial thought was that he's never heard it before, it sounded somehow familiar. It had to be the same voice from before. That was the only reasonable explanation. The speaker stuttered incomprehensibly for a few seconds before carrying on. "He… He can't die…" He let out a long and heavy sigh. "Not now… I came all this way…"

"I know the situation doesn't look well," said Rafiki reassuringly, "but there is hope. You must remain optimistic. All of you."

"I know…" continued the same voice.

"For the time being, though, on a happier note…" said the mandrill, his words followed by the sound of him slowly making his way outside, "Welcome back."

"Thank you…"

Simba couldn't take it anymore. Just who was this mysterious stranger? As if right on cue, his eyelids suddenly decided to obey him and open. But, to his dismay, everyone who was present inside the den was standing behind him. He was going to have to stand up and turn around in order to get a better view because, as soon as he attempted to move his neck, the result was great pain. Still determined, the king slowly rolled onto his stomach, the den becoming completely silent as he did.

After a lot of effort and what felt like forever to Simba, he finally managed to rise. His vision was out of focus and he felt very weak, but he didn't care. As soon as he turned around he lost his balance, but he didn't hit the ground. Somebody was standing next to him, providing Simba's exhausted body with something to lean against for support. "Hey, it's okay… I got you, don't worry..."

Simba's eyes went wide in surprise. The lion he was trying to identify was standing right by him. Ignoring his aching neck, he managed to somehow raise his gaze to meet with that of the one supporting him and was met with a golden furred face which was crowned with a brown colored mane. The small smile on the lion's face was a mixture of relief, concern and sadness. What amazed Simba the most was his eyes. He recognized them.

"Hello dad…" said the lion.
Sometimes I simply sit down and write because I cannot help it. Who knows, perhaps one day something will come out of it. Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
My 'The Lion King' fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10370841/1/
My 'Pokémon' fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9017329/1/
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Re: Somewhere Out There

Postby TheWhistlerify » May 24th, 2014, 3:48 pm

Chapter 1:
'Hello Dad'

It was looking to be the beginning of a fine day. Through his barely open eyes, King Simba could identify the orange hue of the sky outside by looking towards the entrance of the den. From the looks of it, even though it was difficult to see very well in his sleepy state, the sun had just begun to rise, which could only mean that there was still some time to sleep before he would have to wake up and start his day of, well, being the king.

It was only after claiming the throne a few months earlier that the heir of Mufasa realized, while he still remembered everything he'd learned as a cub, that his father hadn't had the time to teach him everything there was to know. The knowledge the deceased king had managed to bestow upon him before the stampede was certainly useful, but Simba very quickly found out that he didn't really know how to be a king.

True, after Scar's reign there wasn't much of a kingdom left for him to take care of, but that didn't make things any less difficult for the newly crowned monarch. On the contrary – he didn't have a kingdom to maintain, but a kingdom to rebuild. Fortunately enough for Simba, he had his mother to guide him and fill the gaps in his education. Having ruled by Mufasa since his coronation and until his death, Sarabi knew more than well what being a ruler required.

With the hyenas driven away and the fortune to have the drought that had overshadowed Scar's time as king end, as well as the support, assistance and encouragement the new king of Pride Rock received from everyone around him, the Pridelands ever so slowly but eventually recovered. With grass and water at hand again, the herds also returned, making prey common once more and restoring the balance that had been lost after Scar's claim of the throne.

A list of the things he was going to have to take care of that day already running through his mind, Simba soon found himself wondering why he was already awake to begin with. That is, until his ears once again caught the sound of someone calling to him. The lion squinted a few times before noticing that something was partially blocking his view of the mouth of the den. He couldn't tell exactly what it was, what with him barely being half awake, and could only describe it as a little golden blur with a tiny bit of brown. The blur grew bigger and bigger. Then it slammed directly into the king's muzzle, fully waking him up.

"Come on, wake up!" exclaimed an excited, impatient and somewhat squeaky voice. Still a little confused, Simba groaned in annoyance and rubbed his eyes with his paws. "You promised!" Shaking his head for a few seconds in order to rid himself of any traces of sleep, Simba looked and finally identified the source of the disturbance. He smiled fondly at the little cub. "Hello dad!"

End flashback

Simba woke up with a start, breathing heavily as his eyes slowly adjusted to the lighting inside the den. It was definitely sometime around the middle of the day. As far as he could recall, when he'd woken up for the first time after the battle with the outsiders, it was the middle of the night. He must have passed out for quite some time, but he did recall hearing what Rafiki had said, and then that lion…

This led Simba to wonder why he'd dreamed about that in particular just now. It couldn't have been real. The king knew that more than well. But then he remembered looking into those eyes, almost completely identical to his own… No, he must have imagined everything. His son was dead. If there really was a rogue lion in the Pridelands now, (if Simba hadn't imagined his existence as well, that is), then it couldn't be him. It just couldn't.

"Father?" Simba's train of thoughts was then interrupted. With some effort; mainly pain in his neck, he managed to move his head and look at Kiara, who was sitting next to Kovu. Her expression was a mixture of concern and relief. "Father!" Unable to sit still any longer, his daughter rushed over to him and embraced him in a hug, causing to wince in pain.

"Kiara, maybe you shouldn't do that…" said Kovu, causing the princess to immediately withdraw from her father.

Kiara looked at down at her father, feeling a little guilty. With all of her excitement that he was awake again, something she obviously considered as a good sign, she'd completely forgotten that he was injured. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to, I…" she bent over, gently nuzzling her father as she fought back her tears. "I was so worried!" As unpleasant as Kiara's hug had been just now, Simba was about to tell her that it was alright when she suddenly pulled herself away from him again. "Oh, they'll both be so happy to see that you're up! I'll go call them, they should be outside! Just give me a moment!"

They? Before Simba could ask his daughter just who "they" were (or at least one of them, seeing how the first one was most likely Nala), she ran outside, leaving him and Kovu alone in the den. Kovu's gaze followed her until she disappeared from his view altogether, and when the young lion looked back at Simba he found himself feeling rather uncomfortable upon noticing that the king was looking at him as well.

The last time the two of them had spoken to one another ended in Kovu being chased out of the Pridelands by pretty much almost every animal that lived in the kingdom. It made Kovu feel sick to think, had the situation he and the father of his love interest were both in occurred a few days earlier, that he would not have hesitated to end the king's life right then and there. "Uh…" Kovu rubbed the back of his head with a paw, feeling nervous. "How are you?"

"Could be better…" said Simba with a weak and hoarse voice as he slowly moved from lying on his side to lying on his stomach. From the looks of it the king of Pride Rock was also finding the situation to be rather awkward.

Kovu's paw slowly dropped back down to the floor and his eyes followed it. He felt ashamed knowing that, if it weren't for him accidentally "leading" Simba straight into Zira's ambush, this whole thing wouldn't have happened. It could have also been avoided had the outsiders listened to him and Kiara, which made him upset even though it wasn't like he could have done anything about that. "Er, listen, Simba…" he said all of a sudden, forcing himself to look at Simba despite how difficult it felt to do so. "I wanted to once again apologize for all of this and to ask for your forgiveness…"

"You don't have to apologize, Kovu." replied the older lion. After the way Kovu and Kiara had tried to stop the fighting between the pridelanders and the outsiders, what other proof that Kovu wasn't on Zira's side anymore could anybody need?

"No, I do…" Kovu noticed that the king was about to say something else but he cut him short. "You see… Even though, technically speaking, you were the one who led the way when we talked before walking into Zira's ambush, it's still my fault…"

"How come?" asked Simba, curious as to just what could have caused Kovu to believe that.

"I'm not going to lie… It would have been the right thing for you to do if you'd refused to let me into the Pridelands after the fire during Kiara's first hunt… As you might have suspected, Zira had sent me here to end your life." The younger lion once again looked down at his paws, unable to look Simba in the eyes. "At first, that was just what I was going to do. But then I got to know Kiara better…" He smiled all of a sudden. "She reminded me how to have fun and she the first lioness to have ever shown me any compassion… Before I knew it, I was falling for her and having doubts about what I'd been charged with doing."

Kovu paused and took a deep breath before continuing. This was the part he regretted the most. "When I wanted to talk to Kiara that day," he said, wondering whether Simba remembered, "I wanted to tell her about Zira's plan. Before I managed to, though, you arrived and we left Pride Rock together."

"So what seems to be the problem?" asked Simba with a kind smile, unable to tell which part of Kovu's story made the younger male feel like he needed to apologize.

"I know I couldn't tell her because we were no longer there, where she was, but… This whole thing would have been avoided if I'd told you right then and there!" He growled briefly, feeling frustrated. "But instead of that I continued talking to you as if nothing was wrong just because I was too nervous to spill the beans! And look at you now!"

"It's completely understandable that Kiara was the only one you felt like you could talk to about that." replied the older lion. "It's not like you knew we were going to run into your mother and the other outsiders. You probably thought you'd be able to tell Kiara sometime later that day." The king studied Kovu's expression carefully and realized that the former outsider wasn't going to be persuaded. He clearly had his mother's stubbornness. "But if you insist on apologizing, then I forgive you."

The young adult looked at Simba as he said that, looking as if he hadn't expected that in the slightest. "I would like to apologize as well." continued Simba with a smile. "I was wrong. You belong here. So does Vitani. Welcome back."

Kovu was about to stutter an incomprehensible 'thank you', but at that point talking could be heard from outside the den. "Wait, where is he now?" it was Kiara. Her voice slowly grew louder, indicating that she was getting closer to the den.

"I sent him to get some water and fresh air." said Nala, the eagerness to see Simba now that he was awake noticeable in her tone. "After all he'd spent the past two days without moving from your father's side…" Two days?! It certainly surprised Simba to hear that. He didn't feel like he'd rested for two days. In fact he was still very weak and exhausted, but that was probably because he hadn't eaten for quite some time already. Nala's choice of words informed the king that, whoever that rogue lion was, he was still in the Pridelands.

Before Simba could continue to contemplate his true opinion on the matter, however, his mate and daughter came walking hurriedly into the den. Nala froze when she saw that, at last, her loved one was finally awake again and a smile of relief soon appeared on her face as she rushed over to her mate and nuzzled into his mane. It wasn't very easy for Simba to return her affection, what with him being wounded and all. Nala felt as warm as ever and her presence was an enormous source of comfort after what had happened with the outsiders, so Simba didn't care that it hurt to perform an action as simple as rubbing his head against hers.

"I was so worried…" whispered Nala, her voice only audible enough for Simba to hear. Because it's been more than two days since Rafiki had last inspected Simba and said that he wasn't in a very good condition, having him wake up again was definitely a good sign. While Nala didn't want to jump into any conclusions, she had a really good feeling that her mate was slowly recovering and that his life was no longer in immediate danger. His situation definitely wasn't becoming worse. After all, two days wasn't a small period of time when it came to this sort of thing. Growing up during Scar's reign had taught her that.

The queen eventually slightly pulled away from her mate, keeping her muzzle pressed against his. "You should be careful for the next few days." she said in her usual, caring tone. That statement confused Simba for a brief moment, but he soon realized that she was talking about when he'd woken up for the first time two days ago. "We don't want you to accidentally hurt yourself…" Falling over might not sound too serious, but Simba hated to admit that, in his fragile state, there might be severe consequences if that were to happen. "So just take it easy for the time being." she added after a short pause. "We're all here for you."

Normally one would silently mouth the typical "thank you", but there were so many things on Simba's mind that were at his center of attention. He didn't know where to start. Where were all of his pride members, who he hasn't seen at all since the fight with the outsiders? Timon and Pumbaa? Were they all okay? Were they hurt? Where were the outsiders? And Zira? Was the feud over? Was his pride and family safe at last?

"Can you believe it, Simba?" Nala asked all of a sudden with a smile, snapping the king back into reality "He's alive…" Oh, right. The rogue. "Our baby boy's come home…"

"Nala…" he said with a troubled expression, slightly shaking his head.

"What's wrong?"

Simba let out a sigh. It was almost painful to see that his mate actually believed that their son was back. He didn't want her to develop any false hopes that might hurt her. "I don't know who this lion is, but you know it's not him."

"Simba, it is him." replied the queen with a somewhat less merry expression. What mother wouldn't recognize her own child?

"Our son is dead, Nala." said Simba with a stern expression as Nala got to her paws, staring at him with disbelief. "He was murdered and taken away from us." The king sat up, with great difficulty, causing his mate's expression to turn into a look filled with worry. Doing this was somewhat easier than when he'd tried to stand on his own two days ago, which could only mean that he really was recovering. "I know you want him back. We both do. But that's no reason to get our hopes up over some random rogue who's going around claiming to be somebody he isn't."

"But-"

"Nala, please…" The last thing Simba wanted to do was to have an argument with Nala about a subject that was still so painful to both of them even after all these years. "Enough."

"Are you telling me that you looked into his eyes and felt nothing?" asked Nala with a slight frown, seemingly catching her mate off guard.

"You know that's not true." said Simba with some hesitation. "You know I wish it was him just as much as you do."

"I know you think that I'm mistaken …" said Nala with a sigh, closing the small distance between the two of them and sitting down right in front of him. "That we're all wrong… But think about it for a moment. Would Rafiki err about something like this?" This made Simba hold back whatever he was about to say. Nala did have a point, but the king of Pride Rock simply couldn't do it. He couldn't get himself to take the risk of believing Kopa was back and then being proven wrong or living the rest of his life in a lie. It would be unbearable. "Simba… I look at him and I just know…"

"I didn't have any doubts when I found you in the jungle, did I?" Nala continued after another silence, nudging his cheek with her nose as her mate looked down at the floor, unsure of what to say or even think. "When you came back…" Simba looked at her, feeling more and more uncertain by the moment. "Did your mother call you an imposter?" Simba slowly shook his head after a few seconds, closing his eyes as a sudden wave of dizziness hit him.

Nala quietly looked at her mate, becoming somewhat confused as he continued to remain silent. "Simba?" she asked quietly, licking him on the cheek. The queen immediately grew worried as Simba slowly opened his eyes, revealing that they were completely out of focus. Feeling guilty all of a sudden, she gently ushered him into lying back down, letting out a soft sigh as she did. She should have known better than to push him into talking about this, especially in his condition. Perhaps she'd been mistaken? Could it be that Simba's life was still in danger? No. Certainly his situation would have become worse by now if that were the case.

Kovu and Kiara rushed over to the pair in order to give Nala a paw in helping Simba lie down, earning a silent nod of appreciation from the cream colored lioness. "Maybe we should ask Rafiki to come over again?" asked Kiara once her father was safely down on the ground and no longer in danger of somehow getting hurt by losing his balance. "Just to be safe?"

Nala was about to make an answer to her daughter's suggestion but was interrupted by a sudden commotion coming from outside the den. A few seconds passed before the hunting party entered, carrying two antelopes with them. Being the queen, Nala usually lead the hunting party, but the lionesses had all insisted that their leader should stay at her mate's side until he recovered, despite her being a valuable addition to the team. "Are you hungry, Simba?" she asked quietly, nudging his shoulder in order to get his attention. To her surprise, however, he slowly shook his head. He felt anything but hungry.

After placing the antelopes down in a different corner of the den, the lionesses finally became aware of the fact that their king was awake and soon enough they were all huddled around him, trying to form their own opinion as to whether his condition has improved or not during the course of the past two days. At first Nala considered asking them to give Simba some space, but she figured that she couldn't blame them for looking out for their ruler's well being. Simba seemed quite content with being able to see that all the lionesses were okay, so there really was no point in her getting in the way.

Deciding to give her mate some time to catch up with their pride mates, the queen slowly walked outside, oblivious to the fact that Kiara and Kovu had followed her. She made her way towards the tip of Pride Rock, sitting down and looking out into the Pridelands to see if she could spot Kopa anywhere. True, the waterhole was too far away in order for her to be able to tell if there was any living creature next to it from her location, but her son was probably already making his way back to Pride Rock. If it were so, then she might be able to spot him. To her dismay, however, she couldn't.

It was then that Zazu, her and Simba's majordomo, came flying in her direction, looking like he was in quite a hurry to say the least. He landed on the confused queen's shoulder, as was his habit with Simba and as had been his habit with Mufasa, trying to catch his breath. Nala eyed him closely, wondering what could have sent the hornbill into such a fright. "Your highness!" he finally blurted out, still breathing heavily. "There's an outsider in the Pridelands!"

A/N: I sure hope Kopa's not in trouble… What will happen once he and his father actually get to talk to each other?

As you can probably tell by that flashback in the beginning of the chapter, the past isn't something that's going to be neglected in this story. Everything will be explored from both Kopa's perspective and that of his parents. Sometime in the very near future the story will focus a lot on what has happened before what is happening on now.
Sometimes I simply sit down and write because I cannot help it. Who knows, perhaps one day something will come out of it. Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Postby TheWhistlerify » August 15th, 2014, 8:44 pm

Not sure if anybody followed this here or not, but I feel like I should let you know that there have been... 10 updates to this story since 'Chapter 1'. I'm just too lazy to upload it here as well. So if anybody here on MLK is reading this, feel free to go to the link in my signature in order to go forward. ^^
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby DGFone » August 16th, 2014, 7:14 am

I'm still reading your story, don't fret. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheWhistlerify » August 16th, 2014, 7:20 am

I know you are, "Mr. I read Your Story Without Letting You Know My Opinion About it". ;)
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Return to Fan Fictions