81%
Simba's pride
5%
Lion king 1 1/2
14%

Total votes : 21

favourate lion king film?

Postby it means no worries » August 12th, 2014, 2:32 am

what's your favourate lion king? Mine is the original by a long way, the voicing, one liners, music, animation and story telling were all top notch, and you get the emotion that not many films can replicate successfully, for instance i know many people who still get upset about the death of Mufasa in the stampede scene even after 20 years (guilty as charged!) This was all very good in the second as well, apart from the animation, i dont know why but the animation didnt seem to be as good as the original, and TLK 3. I know iim gonna get negative comments for this but oh well, TLK 3 in my opinion barley qualifies as a film, it was a review basically saying, "oh Pumba and Timon were there in the background!" The first ten or fifteen minutes was T and P in a cinema pausing and rewinding the original and making meh jokes. Some of the ones relating to TLK 1 were funny but i didnt really see much in the way of emotion, drama or storytelling that made the first two so timeless.

just interested as to which film MLK people prefer. Go on then. Have a comment war! :P
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Re: favourate lion king film?

Postby SimbasGuard » August 12th, 2014, 3:36 am

I also liked the original the best, after all without the original there can be no sequels or spin-offs.

The reason Lion King 2 didn't have the same quality of animation as the original is because it was a Direct to video sequel, made with (I'm Guessing) half the budget of the original. Still by direct to video standards, I think the animation in Lion King 2 was a step above some of the other direct to video sequels.

Lion King 1 1/2 is a Comedy with some actual drama thrown in to advance the story. Whereas The original was a drama with some comedy thrown in to lighten the mood. The reason Lion King 1 1/2's animation was on par with the original is because scenes from the original were inter-cut with Lion King 1 1/2. I truly wish that all Direct to videos had the same level of production value as Lion King 1 1/2.

Perhaps if you look at Lion King 1 1/2 as a comedy, rather than a drama, it might not seem as bad as it does to you.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 12th, 2014, 6:18 am

That is a unfair question to some like me
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Carl » August 12th, 2014, 1:04 pm

Wrong section. This should be in Beyond the Lion King (since it's not specific to the first film).
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby juhouh » August 12th, 2014, 2:21 pm

The first one is the best. I like Simba's Pride as well
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Biomac » August 20th, 2014, 3:24 am

Look I love the three almost equally, but hands down the first is the best.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby AbbeyRoad2014 » August 27th, 2014, 7:01 pm

I'm indifferent to them all.
Last edited by AbbeyRoad2014 on February 1st, 2015, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
AbbeyRoad2014

Pride Points: 1

Postby Queen_Nala » September 13th, 2014, 5:09 pm

Origional but Simba's Pride was pretty good aswell in my mind. Tlk 1½ didn't mind that too much as it was mostly just Timon and Pumba.
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Postby ScarHades » January 23rd, 2019, 5:22 pm

Mine is the 3rd movie because of it focusing more on t and p.
ScarHades

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » September 25th, 2019, 2:43 pm

I love all three equally. Great Shakespeare connection. The first is "Hamlet", the second is "Romeo and Juliet" and the midquel is "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern" (hence the comedy concept).
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Next

Return to The Lion King