The Adofo Situation

The Adofo Situation

Postby KingKivuli » August 11th, 2015, 7:58 am

As many of you are aware not too long ago the member Adofo was banned from MLK. Usually in these situations we would not talk about the reasons behind such things, however given his activity on the forum, peoples questions we have decided to clear a few things up

First of all he was harassing Julie on the main forum, FFAA , and in PM claiming she is a bully and aggressive. Further more saying her Art is targeting him and made to upset him. This is not the case, I have reviewed all communications between both parties and there is no evidence of harassment from Julies part. As soon as he got caught out, this is where the main issues started. He started claiming he was either hacked, or it was his cousin who has done all this, never getting his story straight and full of contradictions

Further more he begin PM harassing all staff members begging it wasn't his fault. I specifically told him that passwords of accounts are member responsibility, end all the PM's and prove he is correct by being a good active member... this did not happen. He kept up his lies and kept PMing... and then a threat was made to the sight. He said his parents blame MLK for his depression and would try to have the site removed for good. One final thing there is evidence he is back seat modding, trying to resolve issues, that aint issues, without telling a mod, as his goal was to get his name green

Given the fact he did not heed my warnings to stop the lies and PM's, the outstanding threat, be it true or not, and the backseat modding. These are the reasons the moderation team banned him and I have had reports that offsite he is bad mouthing myself and the site.

I just want to put this in the clear for everyone. If you are hacked, change your password, any hacked account will be obvious but it is down to you look after it. The issue here was his attitude and lack of respect which was causing harm to MLK.
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: The Adofo Situation

Postby FlipMode » August 11th, 2015, 9:57 am

Don't really agree with naming and shaming, usually I just leave it to the individuals involved to resolve amongst themselves.
However its a bit different in this case because the accusations were thrown out into public. And people have a right to know the truth when it involves their own safety. :)

That said I feel like this thread is a little bit overdue and may just be picking the scab, so to speak. I think the staff could have handled it a bit better but I'm pleased to see a follow up eventually come to light on this.

So his entire nice guy persona was an act? Just so that he could become a moderator? It doesn't work like that people. Your best bet is to just be yourself, if you're a good person then people will notice it, you don't have to do anything.
I mean that's how it worked for me, I was just coming on here having fun and talking to as many TLK fans as I could and was voted to be a mod.
So yeah, that's my advice on that, don't try to be one, just be yourself and as long as yourself is awesome, you have a decent chance of being selected.

Thanks KK, this sure was a thing. There hasn't been a bit of "drama" like this in a long time, let's hope it stays peaceful going forward.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby juhouh » August 11th, 2015, 10:01 am

Thank you!
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Shadowfax » August 11th, 2015, 10:08 am

Thanks for clearing it up dude.

I think the reason it's been 'announced' like this is because he was trying to get other innocent members involved so it's just a warning to them to avoid getting them in trouble and to make people aware of what he has done. Kinda like how the Noah situation had to be done I guess.

Hopefully all will resume as normal now lol.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Ninaroja » August 11th, 2015, 10:21 am

[quote="Above-And-Beyond"]

That said I feel like this thread is a little bit overdue and may just be picking the scab, so to speak. I think the staff could have handled it a bit better but I'm pleased to see a follow up eventually come to light on this.

[/quote]

This thread wouldn't have been made at all had we not still been receiving reports and PMs about it tbh. And I think we handled it just fine if I'm honest: the user received the same treatment and warnings as any other person here would have, but chose to ignore them.

I'd like to add that these threats/harassment have been going on for months now, and the affected parties didn't feel able to speak up until fairly recently. I too was shown a lot of communications from Adofo (as well as receiving my own) and I can conclude with certainty that he is not the sort of person MLK needs.

Flip is right: if you do have aspirations to be a mod one day, be it here on MLK or elsewhere, the way to go about it is to be friendly to all members and promote a positive atmosphere over a long period of time, not by trying to act as if you are one.

Have a great day peeps :)
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 11th, 2015, 2:24 pm

I was just telling Julie that Adofo told me he was hacked and that the best advice he gave me was to keep a close eye on our accounts, and it made me scared that something like this could happen to any of us, but if you say to just be ourselves well that's a little comforting, and I just hope MLK is not hack able, and I hope we are still all safe here cause I love it here and I don't want to loose this place, I got no where else to go :oops:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby FeatheredSeclude » August 11th, 2015, 2:28 pm

I think leaving MLKFAA, would honestly do him some good. You should never do anything to drive yourself into a depression.

He has told his side to me, I can relate to that situation honest, if it's true, about being hacked, that is...
but harassment is harassment, doesn't matter who you are.
And adding in to what "Ninaroja" said, that really should have been brought to mods and admins attention sooner. I'm not one, getting that straight there, just giving my opinion is all.

Thanks for clearing it up for everyone!
FeatheredSeclude

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Feathered
Pride Points: 5

Postby Ninaroja » August 11th, 2015, 4:16 pm

^ well I think the nature of what was being said actually scared the affected party into not wanting to talk about it, so I wouldn't really blame them. The severity and frequency of the reports against Adofo did spike this past few weeks which is how it eventually was sorted
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby ScarsLove » August 11th, 2015, 4:27 pm

I think he was a liar. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse into the ground but so long as the topic is relevant, I would like to state my opinion. He had explained the situation from his side but had left me in the dark in relation to what had actually happened and been said. The gist that I understood, from him, was that Julie was the bully instigating the situation and that KK was made out to be some kind of 'corrupt, villainous admin' that would twist the words of members around and feed a string of lies to Moka, as well as only make those 'loyal' to him ( kind of like a minion ) a moderator so they could back him up in any situation. It was this that kind of pushed him to continue his 'pursuit' for justice because, not only did he want his name in green, he wanted it in red. Essentially to be replacement KK when he'd prove to Moka that he was 'corrupt & tampering with his evidence'. He wanted to prove to be a 'good, just mod/admin that MLK needed, unlike KK'. And I'm not throwing these accusations out, these were his personal opinions, not my own. I think you and Moka runs things just as they should.

Not hating, just saying.

In regards to the harassment, I can completely see where you're coming from with that. Me and Adofo quit talking and left on bad terms after an argument that I won't delve into details with. ( It was not in regards to this situation though. ) But we'll just say that he's persistent, definitely harassment and he doesn't seem to understand the concept of 'No, the decision is final' after the 500th time. Sadly, that's not an exaggeration.

And he very much does want to talk about it and does want to rejoin the community with a living passion. But if he wants to be this delusional and cause a stir that I honestly believe at this point was faked, then by all means, ban him for the sake of the community. Whether he was hacked or not, it's for the best of the community. Especially with him causes not only little ripples, but giant waves that could've easily been looked over if he hadn't beaten the hypothetical dead horse, left things as they were, dealt with the fact that some people didn't believe his facade of lies ( if they are lies, I don't know ) and didn't wish to further speak with him, accepted that his back-seat modding was unwarranted and left the job to the actual admins and moderators of the website.

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby Carl » August 11th, 2015, 4:49 pm

To be honest, I do agree with Timestones that I should have brought up his harassment of myself sooner. When things escalated, I began kicking myself for not seeing what he had been doing sooner and having something done about it. I didn't think he was dangerous to anyone but himself though when it all began. I gave him numerous chances that he didn't really deserve, because like a lot of people I thought he was a nice guy with real issues with depression. He tried to force me to talk to him about my problems so he could "fix" them and claimed to my face that he wanted to be friends while telling my friends that I was a bully he couldn't stand. That's when he was reported and caught in several lies.

As KK and Nina say, he was given plenty of chances to redeem himself, but instead chose to carry on down the same path. For this reason, what ScarsLove has brought to light does not come as a surprise to me.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Next

Return to News & Announcements