Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays

Postby Moka » December 3rd, 2015, 7:30 am

The holidays are upon us! I hope everyone has the fortune to spend time with family and friends this holiday season and make the most of it. I know I will be!

With that, I've been begged to drag the holiday theme out of storage. (The requests started right after Thanksgiving. I'm no Grinch, but COME ON people! Must we surrender ourselves to the jolly season so soon?)

I tried to make it a bit easier on the eyes, but it's still quite garish, or perhaps the garishness nostalgically shows through.

For those who want to switch back, it's a simple select box in your User Control Panel -> Board preferences. Next year the themes may be removed completely in favor of just a little halloween/holiday flair in the standard theme.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, etc. etc. to EVERYONE :ono:
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: Happy Holidays

Postby Ultra Fox » December 3rd, 2015, 7:35 am

Definitely better than the Halloween one.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Carl » December 3rd, 2015, 7:37 am

[quote="Moka"]I tried to make it a bit easier on the eyes, but it's still quite garish, or perhaps the garishness nostalgically shows through. [/quote]
It is easier on the eyes, and for the first time in years isn't making my browser jump around weird, so yay! :thumbsup:
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Elton John » December 3rd, 2015, 7:38 am

I think I might not change it back.

The only problem I have is that it doesn't snow in the pridelands, unless we count Earth 2 in the multiverse. We wouldn't want to do that as Earth 2 has no belgian waffles and Earth 2 has Scar beating Simba in the battle for pride rock and Scar is a hippo.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Carl » December 3rd, 2015, 7:41 am

[quote="Elton John"]I think I might not change it back.

The only problem I have is that it doesn't snow in the pridelands, unless we count Earth 2 in the multiverse. We wouldn't want to do that as Earth 2 has no belgian waffles and Earth 2 has Scar beating Simba in the battle for pride rock and Scar is a hippo.[/quote]
Actually, it does sometimes snow in Africa, so theoretically, it could snow in the Pride Lands.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Moka » December 3rd, 2015, 7:43 am

Just pretend we climbed Kilimanjaro. It snows up there.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » December 3rd, 2015, 7:44 am

Really now.

Well, merry christmas simba. I hope you got Nala that playstation 4 with the nathan drake collection on black friday or else she is going to be super pissed.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby DGFone » December 3rd, 2015, 7:46 am

I knew you were on for a reason, Moka. :P And this theme is definitely better than the Halloween one, I think I will stick with it for a while.

It also reminds me of the X-Plane Org forum Christmas theme. Okay, so the colors don't match, except in the banner, but they both have falling snow, so that should count.

Also, strictly speaking, if you want to see a nice wintery theme that is easy on the eyes, I am pretty sure that perhaps for next year, a theme similar in colors (whites and light blues) as what the X-Plane org uses would not be such a bad idea. (http://forums.x-plane.org/)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

Postby Buffy » December 3rd, 2015, 7:58 am

Thanks Mokaaaaaaaa!

I've never had issues with the theme, but it does look better this year. AWESOME!

I'll miss it if it disappears next year. But maybe we can think up a new one or something? I mean... we got 12 months left xD
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Braveheart » December 3rd, 2015, 12:25 pm

Wow, it's Xmas period already! :D

I'm starting to love it!

*Idir just rolls around in the snow*
ImageImageImageImage
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 28

Next

Return to News & Announcements