Looking for PHP/Javascript Developer

Looking for PHP/Javascript Developer

Postby Moka » April 25th, 2016, 5:55 am

Guys, let's be honest. The site is showing its age, especially the FAA, which I wrote in college 7 years ago. I attempted a rewrite 4 years ago and attempted continuing it last year, but was swallowed up by either my later years in college or more recently my more-than-full-time job and side projects galore.

I need help giving MLK a fresh look and livening up the development once again. I'm posting this here because we've got to have some talent right here in MLK. It would be great to find a TLK fan who wants to help, even if you're just getting started with PHP.

:fuli2:

Feel free to PM me for more details. I'd rather open lines of communication than spill all the details here.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: Looking for PHP/Javascript Developer

Postby Arbystrider » April 25th, 2016, 6:12 am

Some might appreciate the website staying the way it is.

For them, it's a safe haven. Everlasting, always here, always bringing the same feelings.

But if we're talking purely backend changes here, then I don't see why not.
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby Moka » April 25th, 2016, 6:22 am

Some might, yes. Perhaps it has remained stale for too long that changes might be met with resistance.

The forum will likely remain the same, which is the most used part of the site anyway. I'd like to focus on giving the FAA some much needed attention. Some parts are just broken, features are missing or weird, it is difficult to manage. It would be nice to completely redo it, honestly. (Obviously all the data would be saved and transferred.)
Moka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 25th, 2016, 1:30 pm

and I will also like to add that I have had some issues viewing old years pasts threads since the first day I started here, like this error message, for example I can never view the the rules.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Carl » April 25th, 2016, 8:48 pm

You're the only person I know of with that issue, GPK, so I don't know if it's related to this. I will PM you and see if we can figure it out.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 25th, 2016, 10:04 pm

nevermind I got it fixed I actually figured it out from a different way

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Moka » April 25th, 2016, 11:13 pm

Care to share what the issue was so others who may have the issue know how to fix it?
Moka

Postby FlipMode » April 26th, 2016, 12:22 am

You get that error because you have your display settings set to only display posts from within a certain time frame, the longest time frame available to choose being one year and the rules were posted over a year ago, thus the error message.
You can change this in user control panel > board preferences > edit display settings or you can change it in each thread individually by using the option just under the quick reply box "Dislay posts from previous"

Edit : prob should have sent her a PM explaining this rather than getting off topic but ah well, things and stuff. Everyone else was doing it. :3
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Moka » April 26th, 2016, 12:25 am

Wow. This forum software is full of the weirdest settings.
Moka

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 26th, 2016, 12:27 am

yeah I figured out to change it under my user control panel hehhehheh :innocent:

gothprincesskiara

Next

Return to News & Announcements