Looking for PHP/Javascript Developer

Re: Looking for PHP/Javascript Developer

Postby Moka » May 13th, 2016, 11:07 pm

It's JavaScript, not Java. They're quite different.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby FeatheredSeclude » May 13th, 2016, 11:18 pm

Yeah, JavaScript. That was what I meant. XD
FeatheredSeclude

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Feathered
Pride Points: 5

Postby FeatheredSeclude » May 14th, 2016, 10:28 am

https://userstyles.org/styles/127760/ml ... -version-4

Quick update with the Dark Theme with the FAA. I got it fixed with Stylish so it only affects the FAA pages now.
Would be cool to allow it to be another theme that was officially part of the site.
One thing I can't seem to get working right though is the alignment of the background image uploaded by users. That's left aligned, could that be changed to center alignment? And I also kinda want to make it so the site width won't pass 1920px width. My screen is 1280px though. So my banner is now a 1280x140 image to fit properly with my set up atm.
FeatheredSeclude

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Braveheart » May 27th, 2016, 2:58 am

Hey, how do I disable chatbox on the front page? -_-

Wall of Text from irrelevant conversations blasting into your face is not fun! I do not want to see private conversation when I'm browsing MLK. :x
ImageImageImageImage
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 28

Postby FeatheredSeclude » May 27th, 2016, 6:48 am

[quote="Braveheart"]Hey, how do I disable chatbox on the front page? -_-

Wall of Text from irrelevant conversations blasting into your face is not fun! I do not want to see private conversation when I'm browsing MLK. :x[/quote]
With the Stylish plugin for Firefox, there ought to be a way to make the table holding the chat box be hidden, but I'm actually still learning the layout of the forums, since I'm also working on making it a dark theme, then combining that with the dark faa theme I got already.
It'll require some css/js tweaking to do it though, or maybe an ad-block plugin could do the same trick. Ad Block Ultimate is a good one.
It's what I use to remove ads and other little things on sites I don't like.
FeatheredSeclude

Postby Braveheart » May 27th, 2016, 11:30 am

[quote="1Timestones38n"][quote="Braveheart"]Hey, how do I disable chatbox on the front page? -_-

Wall of Text from irrelevant conversations blasting into your face is not fun! I do not want to see private conversation when I'm browsing MLK. :x[/quote]
With the Stylish plugin for Firefox, there ought to be a way to make the table holding the chat box be hidden, but I'm actually still learning the layout of the forums, since I'm also working on making it a dark theme, then combining that with the dark faa theme I got already.
It'll require some css/js tweaking to do it though, or maybe an ad-block plugin could do the same trick. Ad Block Ultimate is a good one.
It's what I use to remove ads and other little things on sites I don't like.[/quote]

I have adblock plus, but how do I use it against the chatbox? It helped against youtube advertisements.
ImageImageImageImage
Braveheart

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 28

Postby FeatheredSeclude » May 27th, 2016, 8:37 pm

[quote="Braveheart"][quote="1Timestones38n"][quote="Braveheart"]Hey, how do I disable chatbox on the front page? -_-

It's what I use to remove ads and other little things on sites I don't like.[/quote]

I have adblock plus, but how do I use it against the chatbox? It helped against youtube advertisements.[/quote]
I'd definitely recomment Ad Block Ultimate over Ad Block Plus. Since I've used Plus before, and there are ads and such that still get through, and Ad Block Plus will whitelist things.
With Ad Block Ultimate, simply hit it's icon in your bar thing, not sure what it is called, lol click block element, and click on the chatbox, and it'll block it. I'd make it only block it for that url though, since you can really break things when you don't for some things.
Like once I blocked the YT player buttons. Ooops.
FeatheredSeclude

Postby Moka » May 28th, 2016, 6:35 am

Please don't use adblock to hide the chatbox. It's not an advertisement. It's a feature for this community that many people enjoy. I'm not getting money by shoving ads in your face like every other website. I'm not getting money at all. I'm quite sure blocking things you don't like about a website with adblock affects that website's rapport with other users in the adblock system, and possibly page rank in search engines.

I can spend a few hours when I get free time to see if I can add an option to show/hide it.
Moka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FeatheredSeclude » May 28th, 2016, 7:07 am

It'd only take effect on Bravehearts's screen if done through an adblocker.
Which is really just an element or tablet blocker really. But the ability to hide would definitely help out a lot too.
FeatheredSeclude

Postby Moka » May 28th, 2016, 7:10 am

I know it wouldn't hide it for other people. I know how to build websites. >.>

I'm saying adblock may record that action and "rate" this site as one that abuses its users with advertisements, which is totally not what MLK is doing.
Moka

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements