Kopa or Kion?

Kopa or Kion?

Postby Kion » December 15th, 2015, 1:56 pm

Or can they co-exist?

Don't forget, Kopa comes with a bunch of other book characters like Ahadi (Mufasa and Scar's Dad from the books Six New Adventures).

I think for me, I'd have to choose Kion. Love the clip that's just been released that shows him and Kiara bickering about the baboons that had got inside Pride Rock. It's really sweet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXp6yFGWFss

On the basis of his relationship with his big sister, the whole dynamic of it, I'd have to say that it's Kion for me. Their little circle of friends is cute too, the other lion cubs and of course The Lion Guard members. He's a chip off the old block! Also the way we got to hear more about Scar's official back story, that was cool.

8-)
Kion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hevi Kabisa

Nickname(s): Sam
Pride Points: 3

Re: Kopa or Kion?

Postby Elton John » December 15th, 2015, 2:09 pm

I haven't read tlk the new adventures but i've heard him being described as a more obnoxious version of cub simba.

Kion so far is responsible, smart, a team player and fairly brave.

I'll take Kion.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Troll Berserker » December 16th, 2015, 8:09 am

Kion because he has actual personality and an original design that is not a cub Simba with tuft (actually all the designs in SNA were somehow recolored versions of TLK characters).
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby Squeely » December 16th, 2015, 9:42 am

Kion. He's more canon than Kopa, and while Kopa does come with some key backstory for Scar (Scar's parents, how Scar got his scar), Kion comes with a bit of Scar backstory as well, and also his adorable teammates, of whom Ono is my fave. And since TLG is a series, there may even be more Scar backstory to come. Kion is also more interesting and likable to me. And, the Outsiders and Kiara exist with Kion, whereas they don't with Kopa. I love SP almost as much as TLK itself!
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Amadi_the_Guard » December 17th, 2015, 2:15 am

Well, I actually like both of them. :coolgrin:

I don't like either of their designs. Kion looks like they took cub Simba and threw really random traits that weren't necessary on him - I don't know how to put it, but he kinda looks like a kid designed him, heh. As for Kopa... pass me the magnifying glass so I can see how different he is from cub Simba. Sure, there are some small things like smaller eyes and duller fur, but those:
a) could be the drawing style of the person who drew him in 6NA, and not actual, intentional differences
b) vary from image to image in the books
c) are hard to place because Simba and Nala look off is some pictures too

Personality? Kion wins this one. He is very nicely thought-out, his character deals with some important problems, and I can sympathize with him and how he feels. Still, if he says another 'Hevi kabisa'... my head is gonna pop.
:x

As for Kopa, I believe people aren't judging him too fairly on either side, but that's just how I feel.
Some of his fans often look at fan-art and fanfictions, or form a brand new personality and look for him themselves - all while forgetting that they are changing a character that already exists. It's like 'Kopa' has become a default name for Simba's male cub, and not someone's interpretation of it. Kopa may not be Disney's, but he has his creator and artist, and everyone should keep that in mind when they alter his design and personality to suit the needs of their fan-canon. Same could be said for Ahadi, Uru, Mohatu Tanabi... If you are gonna invest your time into creating a brand now character, you might as well think of a new name for him.
:roll:
And then come people who dislike him. Now, it's your right to feel that way, but please don't forget that the type of media Kopa appears in doesn't allow him to have much character development. He is given a few books, two audio-books, and that's it. He doesn't grow in that period, nor does he face anything really complex like Kion does, so it is a bit unfair to expect him to grow as a character. He instead faces small problems, and learns small lessons. The way TLK universe is interpenetrated in 6NA is a bit more realistic and less climatic too.

And I don't think he's a complete rip-off of his dad as a character - as someone here said, he's a whole lot brattier, snarky, and kinda mean-spirited when you think about it. He also openly confronts his father's ideals that lions should rule, and that hyenas are all evil, and befriends a hyena, which is something Kion doesn't do [yet].

But all in all, Kion still wins for me, because he brought back TLK in a way. With TLG, we are in for another ride in the universe we all love after so many years. We get to see characters we thought we would never see again, and that makes me happy.
:P
Kopa has been kinda ruined to me by to me of his rabid and unreasonable fans, but I'm still his fan.

What if Kopa is Kion from different universe?
Amadi_the_Guard

Pride Points: 8

Postby ScarXZira10889 » August 8th, 2016, 6:28 pm

Well to be honest I think that Kion is real and Ahadi,Kopa,Tama and Tojo aren't, because most of them all come from books and they are not cannon. If any of them were real then they would have appeared in one of the movies. :kionannoyed:
ScarXZira10889
Zira, Queen of PrideRock

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Well done, Kovu. Just like we've always planned.

Nickname(s): Zira,Scars devoted Queen
Pride Points: 0

Postby moonsugar33 » August 9th, 2016, 2:46 am

I think Ahadi's been referenced by one of the movie creators. Still, I feel that subject's been done to death by the community as it is, no need to keep rehashing the same old quibbles without any new information :P

I'll take Kion. He's got so much more personality and character. I don't dislike Kopa, though :smilekion:
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Alexterri1 » August 26th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Kion, because unlike Kopa, he actually has a personality outside of being a Simba clone
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby SimbasGuard » September 5th, 2016, 7:19 am

As has been mentioned already, I prefer Kion Due to his being Canon. I love Kopa as well, but he is Sub-Canon, Now admittedly when I think of Mufasa and Scar's parents I think of them as being Ahadi And Uru simply because we have no canon names for them. I am even willing to entertain the idea of Taka being Scar's given name. Even though I know Scar even having a given name is Sub-Canon.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Chavratheserval » September 5th, 2016, 6:41 pm

Kion. But Kopa is okay.
Hey there! :glad:
Nicest person you'll ever meet. :P

Love the Lion king! ;)

Check out my Deviantart page!http://sonicboom4560.deviantart.com/
Chavratheserval
NO WAY NO HOW I WON'T SAY I'M

my special BROWNIE in life

Nickname(s): Rere
Pride Points: 10

Next

Return to The Lion Guard