What About Nuka?

Re: What About Nuka?

Postby Hatari05 » September 4th, 2016, 12:04 am

Doesn't this same vagueness apply to the first as well, why does scar hate Mufasa so much, why are the hyenas exiled to the elephant graveyard. There's some kind of history there but we don't get it nor do we get anything on how any character but Simba developed. Were the hyenas Scar's actual friends at a time is that why they took his betrayal so hard or were they just sick of his arrogance and false lies. Did the hyenas kill Scar because he was a genuine friend who betrayed them or because he didn't live up to his end of the bargain. Either one of those completely changes the meaning of his death scene.

The first movie was very vague, Nuka as underdeveloped as he was is still far more fleshed out than anyone but Simba and maybe Scar in the first movie. This is a double standard simba's pride doesn't give us answers entirely but there's quite there actually. The first movie doesn't explain anything either we know nothing of the why of almost anything and many relationships are very vague in what we know. While having few direct answers we know a lot more there's no reason to think Nuka isn't Zira's son, if he's scar maybe but it's not important nuka's concern isn't Scar's legacy it's getting his mother's approval.

Who his father is doesn't matter anymore than who Nala's father is (which I might add is another thing from the first movie we don't know) his father isn't important and clearly doesn't matter to him, he wants to prove himself to his mother and gain her love and approval. While there could be more there doesn't need to be his motive is very clear his heritage doesn't matter that's not what is driving him, so him being Scar's son is irrelevant to the matter at hand, Kovu stole his mother's love he wants it back it back.

Note I am not dissing the original no way, but it's unfair to dock Simba's Pride for not explaining a lot when the first movie did the same.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby Rollo » September 4th, 2016, 11:59 am

Last edited by Rollo on February 26th, 2020, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Hatari05 » September 5th, 2016, 5:16 am

Naturally it's your opinion but I never said Nuka matched Simba I said he was more fleshed out than most of the cast. Zira had a line that made it very clear what she wanted. Personally I don't think eithers relationship to scar was vague especially Zira. There's a reason literally every Zira fan fic makes her his mate, it's pretty clear. Her fanatical devotion, raising his heir, knowing his dying wish. She was his mate its not even vague why on Earth would she have his heir if she wasn't?

Why would Nuka be so bitter about Kovu and say Scar wasn't even his father what does that even matter to him. Saying scar wasn't even Kovu's father and I should've been the chosen one is a pretty clear sign he's Scar's son. Why would he think Kovu wasn't entitled because scar wasn't his father? It's not vague everything points to exactly what everyone thinks, the only thing missing is them outright saying it but I really don't feel they need to, it's pretty clear I am amazed that it's not in their character bios just because it isn't verbally stated. Every single action the characters take points to it. A line or two wouldn't hurt but it's not necessary to confirm it, Nuka and especially Zira's actions don't make sense if they weren't family.

As for the question in the actual forum Nuka was spectacularly incompetent he was a bumbling oaf, he was clumsy and poorly built, in general weak. Scar making him his heir makes no sense.
Hatari05

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby Squeely » November 18th, 2016, 10:27 am

With the recent "Lions of the Outlands" episode of TLG painting the Outsiders as nomads, and Rafiki referring to the cubs as merely "Zira's family" while talking about both Zira and Scar, I don't think Nuka is Scar's son. Much as I did want it to be true.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby ScarXZira10889 » December 5th, 2016, 9:33 pm

So? It doesn't really confirm that he isn't his son. Yes, Rafiki does say "Zira's family" but he could be referring it to Zira,Kovu,Nuka and Vitani. Also, I think that it confirms that they are all Zira's kids. Zira also says that "Scar and I were close. Very close." Meaning that they still could have mated at some point and there has to be an explanation as to why Nuka is an adolescent lion.
ScarXZira10889
Zira, Queen of PrideRock

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Well done, Kovu. Just like we've always planned.

Nickname(s): Zira,Scars devoted Queen
Pride Points: 0

Postby Squeely » January 21st, 2017, 2:51 am

Nuka is an adolescent because he was born some time before Kovu and Vitani were. That doesn't mean he was fathered by Scar. The Outsiders living a nomadic lifestyle presumably means they meet plenty of rogue males, any of whom could be Nuka's father.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby Alexterri1 » January 22nd, 2017, 3:20 pm

My interpretation of Nuka's character is that he was Zira and Scar's actual son, but Scar didn't want him to be his heir for some reason. It would explain why Nuka is so jealous of Kovu, who I think is Zira's son but not Scar's, and why Nuka feels that he is the true heir rather then Kovu.

But I haven't come up with a lot of theories about Nuka because I hate him. I prefer thinking up theories for characters I like
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby ScarXZira10889 » August 13th, 2017, 11:38 am

@Squeely Okay, I respect your opinion. :) But, in my opinion, I doubt there would be any rouges about since Nuka was born during Scar's reign, and I don't think there would be any rouges in the pridelands or the outlands as there would be barely any food or water and, that's where everyone in the pridelands starts to starve. Like Sarabi said that the "herds have moved on". I personally think that Zira either stole Kovu and Vitani or, she had them with a rouge that was far away from the pridelands and the outlands. But, who am I to judge? We will not know the full truth until something is finally confirmed in TLG. v
Last edited by ScarXZira10889 on August 24th, 2017, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScarXZira10889
Zira, Queen of PrideRock

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Well done, Kovu. Just like we've always planned.

Nickname(s): Zira,Scars devoted Queen
Pride Points: 0

Postby Squeely » August 16th, 2017, 10:01 am

^Well, TLG did somewhat confirm stuff, but it was vague. In "Lions of the Outlands", Rafiki refers to the three cubs as Zira's cubs, not any mention of them being Scar's. You'd think there would have been mention if any of them were related to Scar, since he is a key character in TLG (even post-mortem). And well, like I said, there were hints that the Outsiders are nomadic. Little to no lions in the Pridelands or Outlands? Sure, but we don't know what's beyond the Outlands, and don't know all the locations Zira and her pride have journeyed to. Perhaps there are a couple of prides beyond the Outlands, from which a rouge may leave or Zira may happen upon the pride.

It's vague stuff, though, and open to interpretation.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby TTB-Kun » August 23rd, 2017, 8:08 am

Others already said why nuka is not scar's son, i will only add that if Nuka Was Scar's son there weres no reason to hide that, so if that was true it should have just been told, but it's not the case and all the hints in tlk2 and tlg points towards he not being scar's, so case closed
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride