Carl's Art

Re: KD's Art Corner

Postby Carl » May 19th, 2016, 4:25 am

Thanks, Cap'n Squeels. :)

I have another SHAED related updated for y'all this evening. :3
First up is my latest drawing of our protagonist Max, and a little bit more information about him.
max cover concept 2.png

Max doesn't like his "monstrous" appearance; this stems from a girl he has a crush on, Sparrow, rejecting him on account of him not being human enough for her, despite the fact they've been friends for a very long time (she herself is not a Normie, either, but she does appear mostly human, unlike Max). Romance is far from the focus of this story, but as Max is an angst-ridden teenager, Sparrow's treatment of him greatly influences his actions from that point on and this, in turn, eventually leads the teen into the depths of the Civil War that threatens to tear Pleasant City apart. He (and others) blames himself for some of the bad things that are happening, and becomes rather isolated and angry. The above image captures his inner struggles so well that I'm using it for my tentative book cover!
tentative cover: show
Please note that everything about the cover (including the title) is not finalized and is subject to change, whether minimally or drastically. (Some editing will need done, as for one thing his neck looks too long, but how much will be done remains to be seen. When it's time for the final cover, it may be something completely different.) The cover itself is entirely made by myself; the background is actually a photo I took that has been edited to fit the style, and the whole thing is meant to give off a comic book vibe as comics were a major influence in the creation of the entire SHAED universe. If all goes well, Silent Soliloquy (working title) will not be the only SHAED novel that I actually release. If you're wondering, the city in the photo is actually Helsinki, Finland.
book cover 1 smaller.png

And the final update is a concept sketch of a character I haven't introduced yet. Say hello to Madame Juliette!
20160518_215350-1.jpg

She is a very spiritual old Normie, who has gone blind in her old age. She wears a pendant engraved with a fierce gargoyle and takes on a motherly/mentor type role for Max. She's very important to the story in quite a few ways, but most notably in that she teaches Max to find his own path and helps him to figure out who he truly is and what he should do. I think that's about all I can say about her for now, sadly!
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Re: Carl's Art

Postby Carl » August 6th, 2016, 6:57 am

I drew this a week or two ago or something like that. Y'all know I'm a Charmeleon, right? :P
charmeleon.png
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » September 9th, 2016, 6:54 am

Drew up an anthro canine version of my current fursona, Judas. I really like him like this.
anthro-canine-judas-small.png
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » November 7th, 2016, 1:02 am

I may or may not have a Pokesona. This may or may not be it. It is definitely a Ponyta.

pokesona.png
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Squeely » November 13th, 2016, 12:52 am

Shiiiiny Ponyta <3
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby xKendo » November 29th, 2016, 5:46 am

Oh damn, I didn't see this before.
I can see a lot of improvement throughout this whole thread, it's incredible!

The new ones you posted look amazing, if I had to pick a favorite I'd say the Pokémon ones, only cause you chose two of my favorite ones, dayumn.
I love the "cute expression" you gave Charmeleon, yet the scars and itens/accessories make him looke like he's ready to fight you :lol: (besides, did you add some effect to it or is it the brush you used? I like it :3)
The anthro (canine version) Judas has this "though" atmosphere and I love the attenttion to detail. Same with Ponyta, I love the attenttion to the shading and "lightning", as well as the "running pose" you drew them. (And I love that mane <'3)

Keep up the amazing work! :)
xKendo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Starfire Lions » February 28th, 2017, 11:04 pm

Servals and wolves are both A W E S O M E
Here's to the twilight, here's to the memories
These are my souvenirs
My mental pictures of everything
Here's to the late nights, here's to the firelight
These are my souvenirs, my souvenirs
Starfire Lions
Here's to the late nights..

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Here's to the firelight..

Nickname(s): Kailah
Pride Points: 2

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Creativity