Kovu Killed Nuka?

Kovu Killed Nuka?

Postby xoxo » January 7th, 2017, 8:17 am

in Simba's Pride Zira yells at Kovu about Nuka's death and says that he killed him? How? I thought that the river logs crushed him?, not Kovu. I'm confused. :roll:
xoxo
Live. . .Love. . .Laugh

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

LovableLioness08

Nickname(s): Holly Bear
Pride Points: 4

Re: Kovu Killed Nuka?

Postby Simba_Lion » January 7th, 2017, 3:15 pm

Yes, in fact the river logs killed Nuka. But Zira blamed Kovu for it, because if Kovu had catched Simba, then Nuka wouldn't have gone to catch Simba, and the logs wouldn't have crushed Nuka. In other words, in Zira's view, Kovu was responsible for Nuka's death.
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba

Postby Panda-chan » January 7th, 2017, 10:07 pm

^ Exactly. It's like when Scar tells Simba, "what have you done?" after the stampede scene. Simba didn't kill Mufasa obviously, but his actions led to his death.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby MacGuy3135 » March 3rd, 2017, 2:18 am

I'm pretty sure it's due to the fact Kovu rejected to step into the fights and retreated away, causing inexperienced Nuka to try and take his place, ultimately result9in his death. If Kovu had stepped in, Nuka would not have taken his actions.
MacGuy3135

Pride Points: 0

Postby PridelandsPhantom » March 3rd, 2017, 4:28 am

It was the log that actually killed Nuka, but Zira was calling Kovu a coward for not killing Simba so therefore he "caused" Nuka's death. People blame others a lot for a death after the fact as hindsight is 20/20. Parents who lose children in accidental deaths such as pool drownings say "Well, if you had been watching him/her they wouldn't have died!" :cry: :cry:
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby Vorkey » March 10th, 2017, 3:13 am

What's most interesting about that scene is that Zira shows compassion for Nuka, proving that she's not really evil, just misguided.
Vorkey

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Sigurd » March 31st, 2017, 12:16 am

He indirectly killed Nuka, and I think was angry with Kovu already since didn't want to kill Simba, so she tried to make him think that his decision not to kill Simba had lead to the death of a close one.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Alexterri1 » April 7th, 2017, 12:00 am

Its what's known as a metaphor: its not actually literal. Zira felt that Kovu was responsible for Nuka's death because he didn't even attempt to help kill Simba, and Zira is kinda nuts to begin with.

Honestly that entire scene was one of the best-written in the whole movie imo.
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby Squeely » June 4th, 2017, 10:27 am

Obviously, Kovu didn't kill Nuka, and it's not Kovu's fault that Nuka recklessly chased Simba up the log pile. If anyone's to blame for Nuka's death, it's Zira. But Zira would never admit that she's to blame, and wrongfully placed the blame on Kovu since she resented him for not killing Simba. Which is a very realistic reaction, to be quite frank, as people more often than not are quick to blame everyone but themselves. Really humanizes Zira.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby TLK_Kid » May 9th, 2018, 5:49 pm

No, Kovu had nothing to do with his death really; but I always thought that Zira, in her crazed way, was trying to make Kovu feel more like Scar, or make him believe he was becoming like Scar.

"You KILLED your own BROTHER!"

Idk, maybe that's just me but that's how it always sounded to me.
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride