Who would have won? Kovu or Simba?

Re: Who would have won? Kovu or Simba?

Postby Aelwen » January 10th, 2017, 12:16 am

[quote]Isn't chewing on bones for lions pretty much how they brush their teeth?[/quote]
But still they get traumas in fight, canines can be broken, teeth wear out.

I doubt Simba ate only bugs. No way bugs and snails could nourish an adult 400 pound lion male.
Aelwen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby SimbasGuard » January 10th, 2017, 7:27 am

[quote="Aelwen"]I doubt Simba ate only bugs. No way bugs and snails could nourish an adult 400 pound lion male.[/quote]

My Sister told me she had a similar theory, that Simba did indulge his predatory/carnivorous desires. Just not on Timon or Pumbaa. It is also safe to assume that when Simba hunted he did so without Timon and Pumbaa finding out.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Aelwen » January 10th, 2017, 8:33 pm

[quote] It is also safe to assume that when Simba hunted he did so without Timon and Pumbaa finding out.[/quote]
The problem is that Simba didn't have necessary hunting training. Lion cubs spend all their childhood playing and practicing tracking, leaping,grabbing, biting and so on. The watch their mothers hunting and then have first hunting attempts usually with some young weak animals. Then they start to take part in more serious group hunts. Simba didn't have any of that.
Last edited by Aelwen on January 13th, 2017, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aelwen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » January 12th, 2017, 9:30 pm

[quote="Aelwen"]The problem is that Simba didn't have necessary hunting training. Liuon cubs spend all their childhood playing and practicing tracking, leaping,grabbing, biting and so on. The watch their mothers hunting and then have first hunting attempts usually with some young weak animals. Then they start to take part in more serious group hunts. Simba didn't have any of that.[/quote]

True, but all animals have survival instincts Simba could have taught himself to hunt through trial and error. Also since he did have the bugs to subsist on in the interim, he would not starve to death before he got the hang of hunting. As much as I don't like to think about it, there is also the possibility that Simba could have pirated other predators kills every now and again, while teaching himself to hunt.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Simba_Lion » January 12th, 2017, 10:35 pm

I agree with you, Aelwen. Sarabi must have been there to teach his son but she couldn't be there.
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby Aelwen » January 13th, 2017, 12:07 am

well, hunting instint is strong so Simba could have had attempts to catch some small animals, rodents, birds for example. Then he could scavenge some dead animals, maybe sole some food from other predators. Carrion is a typical food for all lions.
Aelwen

Postby PridelandsPhantom » January 14th, 2017, 1:52 am

Well, considering TLK isn't going to go with biology :lol: the truth is if Simba had to depend on bugs alone he would have died of starvation. Simba probably could have learned to stalk and kill lesser animals in time such as rabbits, mice, birds, etc without having to rely on more honed instincts learned during cubhood. He would have had to supplemented his diet with meat. The thing is IRL some owners tried to feed their cat a total vegetarian diet (I know it's called an insectivore, but to a lion this is pretty much like being a vegetarian) nearly died. IMO, Kovu would have lost because Simba is an mature, adult male. He has size going for him and experience. We have no idea what other possible fights Simba has had to ensure the safety of the Pridelands. He could have to fight off other rogue males, for example. In TLG it is shown that Simba has more experience dealing with issues in the kingdom, so he's probably had more battle experience.

For those who say Simba looks "fat" in SP besides the obvious change in animation style, take into account Simba is older and has been on a meat diet as opposed to a insect/meat diet when he lived in the jungle. Simba would also have the pride behind him and the rest of the kingdom if Kovu did attack him. When Simba is fighting Scar we can see that Scar's mane does give him an advantage over Simba because he's more mature and thus the thickness of the mane. Keep in mind, wild lions rarely have the full, bushy mane seen in domesticated lions because of brush, fights, etc. Simba was tired in the fight because he had been injured earlier and he was attacked by multiple lionesses. As someone said, training is not akin to experience. As a teacher, you receive a lot of training but until you get in a classroom full of kids it's a different ballgame :roll: The same with soldiers. Before they go to battle they have basic training and sometimes more specialized training, but ask any vet how different is it when an actual battle begins. :grr7:
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby Alexterri1 » January 14th, 2017, 2:30 am

Probably Simba. Kovu was younger and had better training, but Simba is bigger and has much more experience. I don't think it would have been a curb-stomp, but I still don't think Kovu would win, unless Simba was a bit older.
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby Squeely » February 2nd, 2017, 9:07 am

While Kovu's training would have given him some edge, Simba would have won. Simbs just has more experience, a bulkier build, and a thicker mane, all of which give him the overall advantage.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby AnonLion » May 1st, 2017, 2:21 am

I agree, Simba would definitely win. If anything I'm pretty sure Zira was aware a teenage lion wouldn't stand a chance against him, and was hoping that Kovu would fight long enough to injure Simba or leave him worn out. With how much resentment Zira has for Simba I imagine she'd want to kill him herself, so she decided to use Kovu even if it cost him his life, after all we've seen Zira doesn't really care that much for Kovu's life when she offered Simba the chance to kill him.

Having fought against Simba once before she was banished from the Pridelands Zira probably figured the only way she could kill Simba was if he was injured. That's where Kovu comes in, and the plan was to have Kovu tire him out as much as possible. And though it really didn't turn out as she had planned in the end Zira did fight Simba only after he was injured.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride