which do you prefer?

Timon & Pumbaa (series)
20%
The Lion King 1 1/2
80%

Total votes : 30

Re: This or Timon and Pumbaa series?

Postby thechangingmyname » April 3rd, 2017, 2:35 am

Oh, I see you were asking us to choose between a cartoon series and TLK 1 1/2. I haven't watched the series, but I think I'd like to.
thechangingmyname

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Alexterri1 » April 8th, 2017, 12:22 am

Normally, I would have an extremely hard time choosing TLK 1.5 over anything else In the TLK franchise, but it this case...I have to surprise myself.

I didn't watch the Timon and Pumbaa series as a kid. Once I finally did watch a few episodes, I can safely say that I did not like them. The animation is bad, the music isn't memorable, and im really not a fan of T&P as characters.

I really hate TLK 1.5. But at least it had decent animation and music: the Timon and Pumbaa series is just a weird little cartoon overall.
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby Simba_Lion » April 9th, 2017, 1:37 pm

Hm, as a Lion King fan I like both of them.
But my problem is they change the original storyline in some way. For example, the 'Can you feel the love tonight?' scene: in TLK Nala nuzzles Simba because she missed him, but in TLK 1 1/2 she nuzzles him because Simba plucked the thorn out. But as for me, I prefer the original storyline.
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby SimbasGuard » September 20th, 2017, 9:13 am

[quote="PridelandsPhantom"]I guess I'm the only one who liked some of the theater moments in 1/2 :oops:[/quote]

I found those funny as well :lol:

[quote="thechangingmyname"]I longed for a REAL Lion King 3.[/quote]

On that I agree, I liked this, but I still hope for a post Lion King 2 movie.

[quote="Simba_Lion"]my problem is they change the original storyline in some way. For example, the 'Can you feel the love tonight?' scene: in TLK Nala nuzzles Simba because she missed him, but in TLK 1 1/2 she nuzzles him because Simba plucked the thorn out. But as for me, I prefer the original storyline.[/quote]

My sister pointed out something to me some time back. While canon Lion King 1 1/2 is Timon's version of Lion King. As such any inconsistencies between the films are due to Timon's perception of events, and perhaps some embellishments on his part.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Simba_Lion » September 25th, 2017, 9:38 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]My sister pointed out something to me some time back. While canon Lion King 1 1/2 is Timon's version of Lion King. As such any inconsistencies between the films are due to Timon's perception of events, and perhaps some embellishments on his part.[/quote]
So you mean it is just how Timon sees things - or wants to see? Just his tall story? His point of view of how he wanted it to happen? Some embellishments?
Not a bad idea anyway.
Simba_Lion

Postby SimbasGuard » September 27th, 2017, 7:58 am

[quote="Simba_Lion"]So you mean it is just how Timon sees things - or wants to see? Just his tall story? His point of view of how he wanted it to happen? Some embellishments?
Not a bad idea anyway.[/quote]

Exactly...sort of. I find It is the best way to deal with any plot inconsistencies in the story. For example I believe when Simba And Nala went rolling down the hill in The Can You Feel The Love Tonight scene in The Lion King it was not because Timon and Pumbaa tripped them like it was depicted in Lion King 1 1/2. I think that is basically Timon wanting to take some credit for Simba And Nala falling in love. Even though he said he was trying to break them up.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Simba_Lion » October 13th, 2017, 9:16 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"] Exactly...sort of. I find It is the best way to deal with any plot inconsistencies in the story.[/quote]
I really like this idea. I have never thought about it that way.

Or we can consider TLK 1 1/2 as an alternative universe or as an additional/background story - just like TLG.
Simba_Lion

Postby SimbasGuard » October 14th, 2017, 7:15 am

[quote="Simba_Lion"]Or we can consider TLK 1 1/2 as an alternative universe or as an additional/background story - just like TLG.[/quote]

Additional/background story works (to an extent). As I do believe that Timon is embellishing some things.

SimbasGuard

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » November 8th, 2019, 3:39 am

Just re-watched 1 1/2 recently, and it works more like a companion to the first,yes, but from Timon's perspective mainly. It is still canon in my book, especially with Timon's backstory at his colony and even with the embellishments since it's from his pov.

As a fan of Timon and Pumbaa, I didn't get to follow most of the "Timon and Pumbaa" series. Just the episodes when Nathan Lane still voiced Timon and maybe around 10 more but that was it. Definitely not canon. The earlier episodes with Nathan had more endearing scripts, though. I actually just found out Nathan and Ernie Sabella got a Best Voice Actor in an Animated TV Series nomination at the 1996 Daytime Emmys for playing Timon and Pumbaa in this show, and Nathan won. Awesome that both got equal recognition.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Stormy » November 8th, 2019, 11:41 pm

Possibly almost off topic, but I find it amazing how Ernie Sabella has always kept his role as Pumbaa, even through till The Lion Guard. Not counting TLK2019, considering he probably wasn't given an option.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King 1½