Been away for a long time, heh

Been away for a long time, heh

Postby LeonKFox » June 19th, 2017, 9:42 pm

I saw that there is a penchant for reintroduction threads in this section, so I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring, so to speak.

I originally joined way back in 2009 and truthfully, I never became a hugely active member in the long term, I'd wager most of the people who saw this post probably won't remember me. It had been so long that when I found the forum I tried to register again, I'd forgotten I had an account. :ehh2:

Despite my username I now have a horse fursona. Explaining that to people regularly is fun :P

In the time since I last posted I have to say straight up that I've since become more of a Zootopia fan than I have The Lion King (but I'll save that rambling for the actual Zootopia thread) but I wouldn't have come back if I didn't still love TLK, would I? :3

I just recently upgraded to the Diamond Edition of the first film from the original DVD release and also bought the second film on blu ray, ny first time owning the latter for myself, I had taped it off the TV onto a blank VHS when I was younger.

I've been reevaluating which of the two films I prefer, since my youth I'd sworn fairly heavily that Simba's Pride was my favourite Lion King film but rewatching them back to back in sucession for the first time in a good few years has made me wonder.

I haven't dabbled in Lion King fanficfion since way back in my teenage days. If anyone can recommend a well written one from years gone by or is maybe ongoing now, it would be an appreciated starting point.

Hopefully I stick around longer this time!
LeonKFox

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Re: Been away for a long time, heh

Postby DGFone » June 20th, 2017, 2:30 am

I guess you were already gone by the time I joined since I don't remember you, and you did sign up before me. Still, it's always good to see some really old timers come back! :D

And ironically enough, you were mentioning how you like The Lion King as well as Zootopia - I also really like these two movies, and when I saw that you have gaming related videos on your Youtube channel, which I will need to find the time to watch, I began to wonder if you would also happen to be a Ratchet and Clank fan...

... and then I click on your Live Journal link and see the avatar you picked. :P

Still, this is a Lion King fansite, although we do have plenty of off-topic sections as well. Either way: Welcome back!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby LeonKFox » June 20th, 2017, 7:55 am

LiveJournal? Man, I really need to update my signature, I haven't used that regularly in years...

And yes, I am indeed very much a Ratchet and Clank fan, though these days I do lean a bit more towards Sly Cooper as a series. Still, very much look forward to what Insomniac does with that series next, presumably after the release of Spider Man.

Thanks for replying to this thread, BTW ^^
LeonKFox

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » June 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm

We likely have not met ether but Welcome Back 8-) In addition to Lion King I also love Kimba The White Lion and Balto.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby LeonKFox » June 21st, 2017, 5:37 am

Thanks ^^

Never watched Kimba., don't watch a lot of anime. The only reason I know about it is the controversy surrounding Lion King reportedly ripping it off.
LeonKFox

Postby Squeely » June 22nd, 2017, 5:28 am

̶Y̶o̶u̶’̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶W̶i̶l̶d̶ ̶C̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶.̶

Welcome back to MLK! I'm newer so you don't know me, but regardless :hug:
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby LeonKFox » June 23rd, 2017, 2:23 pm

[quote="Squeely"]̶Y̶o̶u̶’̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶W̶i̶l̶d̶ ̶C̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶.̶

Welcome back to MLK! I'm newer so you don't know me, but regardless :hug:[/quote]
If that was a reference to something, I'm afraid I have to plead ignorance because I didn't get it :huh9:

I'm sure we'll see each other about plenty :P
LeonKFox

Postby Squeely » June 23rd, 2017, 7:56 pm

It's a reference to Sonic Adventure 2 lmao
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Azdgari » June 24th, 2017, 3:35 am

[quote]It's a reference to Sonic Adventure 2 lmao[/quote]
"No, it's not speed... he's using the Chaos Emeralds to teleport!"

Welcome back man. Party's just starting. I don't know if you're looking for Lion King or Zootopia fan fiction, but I'll shameless plug the Zootopia one that I bumbled my way through last summer if you're in the market.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby LeonKFox » June 24th, 2017, 12:50 pm

I really should have gotten the SA2 references :ehh2:

And dude, I'm always on the prowl for Zootopia fanfiction :P I'll take a look at it at some point
LeonKFox

Next

Return to Introductions