The Lion King Videogame Re-released on Steam

The Lion King Videogame Re-released on Steam

Postby TTB-Kun » December 19th, 2017, 8:01 pm

Disney just re released the original game from 1994 on pc

http://store.steampowered.com/app/56112 ... wsId=35689

The nightmare returns!

Cuphead: I’m the hardest game available!
TLK: HOLD MY BEER
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Re: The Lion King Videogame Re-released on Steam

Postby DGFone » December 20th, 2017, 2:59 am

You can also grab it on GoG, and not have to boot up Steam to play it.
https://www.gog.com/game/disney_the_lion_king
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Panda-chan » December 21st, 2017, 10:34 am

This game was literally my childhood <3 I spent hours playing and replaying this game because back in the day, you had a certain number of lives for the whole game and if you lost them all, you had to start all the way from the beginning. And this was a pretty long game.

I'm glad it's being released on Steam/GOG but from what I'm reading in the reviews, this is a pretty bad port. And I doubt it's getting fixed anytime soon :(
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Elton John » December 21st, 2017, 12:22 pm

iirc it’s just a port of the old pc version, which i’ve read was a really bad port of the snes/genesis version.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panda-chan » December 21st, 2017, 4:40 pm

^ I actually never had any issues running the original PC version but I agree that the SNES/genesis version is the best version of the game. Honestly, it irritates me when game devs rerelease a game as a bad port of a bad port of another bad port with few if any optimizations for the new system. It just screams laziness. :roll:
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby DGFone » December 21st, 2017, 5:30 pm

The PC port is not really "bad". The graphics and audio are identical to the SNES version. I have the GoG version, which is I assume the same as what's on Steam. If that's the case, what you are getting is a prepackaged DOSbox version of the TLK game. As far as the game goes, you really won't notice a difference between it and the SNES. There are some menu items missing which I do enjoy, such as the "audio test" menu, which I liked putting on and leaving the game running via emulator in the background, letting me enjoy the 8-bit renditions of TLK's music. Other than that, you get the same cheats as the SNES, but no emulator controls such as savestates, which for a game like this I would argue are rather important. At least you can cheat and skip levels you already beat in a previous play session...
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » February 13th, 2018, 3:29 am

[quote="DGFone"]There are some menu items missing which I do enjoy, such as the "audio test" menu, which I liked putting on and leaving the game running via emulator in the background, letting me enjoy the 8-bit renditions of TLK's music. [/quote]
This is actually an awesome idea. Just listened to it on Youtube and I'm into it. I've got a nostalgic thing for 8-bit music--it's very charming somehow. And I mean, some 8-bit tracks are just timeless...

And there's a cool creative element too. You have a really limited toolbox as a musician, so it forces you to think differently. Usual things might not work, while unusual things may.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Lynx » February 19th, 2018, 6:55 pm

[quote="DGFone"]The PC port is not really "bad". The graphics and audio are identical to the SNES version. I have the GoG version, which is I assume the same as what's on Steam. If that's the case, what you are getting is a prepackaged DOSbox version of the TLK game. As far as the game goes, you really won't notice a difference between it and the SNES. There are some menu items missing which I do enjoy, such as the "audio test" menu, which I liked putting on and leaving the game running via emulator in the background, letting me enjoy the 8-bit renditions of TLK's music. Other than that, you get the same cheats as the SNES, but no emulator controls such as savestates, which for a game like this I would argue are rather important. At least you can cheat and skip levels you already beat in a previous play session...[/quote]
GOG version is the Genesis version if I recall.
Lynx

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » February 25th, 2018, 7:09 pm

[quote="TTB-Kun"]Disney just re released the original game from 1994 on pc

http://store.steampowered.com/app/56112 ... wsId=35689

The nightmare returns!

Cuphead: I’m the hardest game available!
TLK: HOLD MY BEER[/quote]

From what I remember it was only really one level that was difficult and that was the I Just Can't Wait To Be King stage. There's a bit where you need to double jump but it's scripted so you need to do it at exactly the right time the game wants you to.
The game was made artificially harder to avoid people being able to rent it and finish it within the rental period from what I hear.
Yeah renting videogames, there's some nostalgia you. :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Elton John » February 25th, 2018, 7:25 pm

I dont miss renting videogames, blockbuster never had what I actually wanted to play :(
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Next

Return to The Lion King