Hakuna Matata [Open] (Sign Ups - OC Welcome & OOC)

Hakuna Matata [Open] (Sign Ups - OC Welcome & OOC)

Postby FlipMode » March 2nd, 2018, 5:08 pm

Please read this post in its entirety before signing up

Link to the RP: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53004

Hakuna Matata

Synopsis

King Mufasa has died in a tragic stampede accident orchestrated by Scar who after lying and manipulating a young Prince Simba into believing that his father's death was his own fault has ascended to the throne while Simba's whereabouts is unknown.

As the living situation for the pridelanders under Scar's rule becomes worse and worse with food and water becoming harder to find in good supply, the daily struggles of the Pridelands directly contrast Simba's new lifestyle, daily antics in a lush jungle with his new friends and adoptive carers Timon and Pumbaa.

Meanwhile Nala meets with Rafiki who may have a clue as to what has happened to Simba. She sets off on her own adventure to find help and see for herself what has become of the rightful king.

Characters

Simba: FlipMode

Timon: Azdgari

Pumbaa: SwagaliciousXXX

Nala: DGFone

Scar: Gemini

Nuru (OC): Panda chan

Rafiki:

OC and other pridelanders canonical to the first TLK movie may also be welcome.

Due to this RP gaining more attention that I had thought, I have decided to cap the number of active players at one time to 6. If there are 6 active players, more slots may open in the future.
Active Roleplayers: 6/6

Azdgari
DGFone
Gemini
FlipMode
Panda-chan
SwagaliciousXXX
Last edited by FlipMode on March 7th, 2018, 1:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Hakuna Matata [Open] (Sign Ups - OC Welcome & OOC)

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » March 3rd, 2018, 5:43 am

Do you want a new guy with commitment issues who has never role played before and just wants to try it out because it looks like fun?
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby DGFone » March 3rd, 2018, 6:26 am

Count me in! :D
I would like to be either Nala or Timon, possibly both if you won't mind too much.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » March 3rd, 2018, 5:26 pm

[quote="DGFone"]Count me in! :D
I would like to be either Nala or Timon, possibly both if you won't mind too much.[/quote]
Dibs Timon!
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby FlipMode » March 3rd, 2018, 10:22 pm

I could play Simba. And I may bring in an OC a little bit later. Don't be afraid to bring those in btw guys, it could be interesting to see how they interact with the canonical characters.

@Sawg; Of course! You could take your choice from Rafiki or Pumbaa. I think of those two Rafiki would have less of a role to play in the story, he would need to be bought in every now and then to advance the plot and when other players choose to interact with him. Pumbaa will have more of a role as he will be with the main cast quite a lot.

@DGFone: You're in! You will play Nala

@Azdgari: You're also in as Timon.

Will leave this thread to simmer for a bit and see if there is any more interest, once character choices are finalised we can probably get to starting this.
FlipMode

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » March 3rd, 2018, 10:58 pm

Thanks! I’d rather be Pumbaa than Rafiki if that’s the case.
SwagaliciousXXX

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » March 4th, 2018, 1:15 am

Sure :) I mean if you decide that after trying it you don't want to continue with the RP because its not your thing then just let us know in this thread because we will need someone to play Pumbaa.

Okay well I think we have a pretty good cast of characters and roleplayers here. Rafiki isn't really an essential character, but we can always introduce him a bit later if we need to and decide later who wants to play him.

I'll update the lists in the OP and if it all looks good to you guys then we can get the ball rolling. I'll get the RP started for us as soon as I've got confirmation everyone is happy with this thus far.
Of course any other input related to story, scenarios, etc is very welcome. But for the out of character posts please use this thread rather than the actual RP thread once we get started :)
FlipMode

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » March 4th, 2018, 10:11 am

I’m happy with this. I’m ready when everyone else is. ;)
SwagaliciousXXX

Postby Azdgari » March 4th, 2018, 5:54 pm

:thumbsup:
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby Gemini » March 5th, 2018, 3:45 pm

Can I be Scar? lol
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Next

Return to RP Planning & Discussions