[Feedback] Forum Reorganization

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Forum Reorganization

Postby Panda-chan » March 9th, 2018, 11:30 pm

^ That has nothing to do with the layout and everything to do with the lack of members. I'm sure that when activity picks up again on the site, the new members are going to be super intimidated by the sheer amount of topics in every single forum.

Look at the Den for example. The sub-forums in the Den are the only thing that give it any semblance of organization. If you were to merge literally everything off-topic into one mega forum like you are suggesting, it'd be an insane amount of topics lumped together with no way to find anything. No new member would ever want to sift through all that to find something worth posting in, just to have it be drowned out by What are you thinking/eating/drinking/whining/breathing RN????? trashposts (because lets be honest, 99% of the time this is what gets bumped to the top).
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby FlipMode » March 9th, 2018, 11:47 pm

[quote="Panda-chan"]^ That has nothing to do with the layout and everything to do with the lack of members. I'm sure that when activity picks up again on the site, the new members are going to be super intimidated by the sheer amount of topics in every single forum.

Look at the Den for example. The sub-forums in the Den are the only thing that give it any semblance of organization. If you were to merge literally everything off-topic into one mega forum like you are suggesting, it'd be an insane amount of topics lumped together with no way to find anything. No new member would ever want to sift through all that to find something worth posting in, just to have it be drowned out by What are you thinking/eating/drinking/whining/breathing RN????? trashposts (because lets be honest, 99% of the time this is what gets bumped to the top).[/quote]

Yeah but all the trash posts would be in the random or forum games section in the layout I suggested. And Member chat type threads and personal issues etc to be in the forum lounge. So its actually easier to find threads you might want to post in.
If you're acknowledging that there's a lot of spam in The Den, then why not have a dedicated area to move it to? I swear we used to have it and it was called The Arcade or something, worked fine.

I agree with the first point you made. Its lack of members caused by years of crappy drama, trashposting, lite trolling, spam etc and some quite frankly baffling decisions from the staff team that drove others away.

But I say try and make it as simpler and condensed as you can, because the layout we have now and even the one Az suggested really is still too much, its kinda still the same but without the really dead sections.
Try a drastically different layout and see how it goes. Because if you don't learn from your past, you're sure to repeat it.

Look at something like Reddit, the most popular forums online. You have one place to discuss everything related to the subject matter and that's the lot. I find it way better and easier but that could just be me.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Azdgari » March 14th, 2018, 12:19 am

[quote="FlipMode"]
To be honest with you guys I still don't think you're really going after what the real problem is.[/quote]
Can you clarify on that bit? :playful:

[quote="FlipMode"][quote="WildSimba"]#deleteeverythingexceptforthelionkingsectionsandmaybememberhq[/quote]

This brutha gets it.

To be honest with you guys I still don't think you're really going after what the real problem is. But if you're going to reorganise the boards then I've been thinking about it and what I would have is...[/quote]

Going from Flip's original layout, how about this? Mostly the same, just a small handful of things broken out slightly more.

The Kingdom

Lion King
Lion King 2
Lion King 1.5
Lion Guard
Lion King Remake
Beyond the Lion King (encompasses creators, broadway, all other LK-related material)

Website & Forum
Announcements
+MLK Radio, if Silly's feelin' it
Introductions
Feedback / How To
Member Lounge
+Personal Issues and Support (a lot of people have requested to keep this subsection)

Creativity
Fan Fiction
Fan Art and Media
Roleplay

Off Topic
Off Topic Creativity (off-topic RPs, fanfiction, art, etc)
Forum Games
The Watering Hole (encompasses all other off-topic discussion)
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby MalibuTrashDog » March 24th, 2018, 8:58 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]trash [/quote]

U talking about me >8(
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Azdgari » March 29th, 2018, 2:50 am

Howdy everyone--planning on making this happen over the weekend. If you have any input, make it known now: because of the nature of merging forums, it will be fairly permanent in the sense that we won't be able to 're-separate' forums that are merged (without manually digging through all the topics and moving them, which is not particularly feasible).
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby Tora » March 30th, 2018, 12:50 am

[quote="Azdgari"]Howdy everyone--planning on making this happen over the weekend. If you have any input, make it known now: because of the nature of merging forums, it will be fairly permanent in the sense that we won't be able to 're-separate' forums that are merged (without manually digging through all the topics and moving them, which is not particularly feasible).[/quote]
So is the Den going to be the watering hole now then?
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Azdgari » March 30th, 2018, 2:46 am

Haha, that was really just an off the cuff suggestion. I’m indifferent—and since that’s just the forum name, that is very easy to change back and forth.
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby FlipMode » March 30th, 2018, 2:50 am

I'm just here to wait until it's done and then tell you how much I hate it :)
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » March 30th, 2018, 3:00 am

Why do I feel like forum reorganization is going to end up in a "they changed it so now it sucks" situation, no matter the changes? :rofl:
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » March 31st, 2018, 6:21 pm

Well, you can't say we didn't ask for input. :P
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To