so how does this ‘great kings of the past’ thing work anyway

so how does this ‘great kings of the past’ thing work anyway

Postby Elton John » April 4th, 2018, 11:46 pm

the way I see it, when a ‘lion king’ dies they either go to lion heaven or lion hell. Mufasa went to lion heaven, scar went to lion hell (according to gary larson, hell has cold coffee while heaven you get a harp. I like to believe this applies to lion heaven and lion hell as well.). Normal lions can go to either as well, but great kings get the bonus of being able to chat with royal lions who are still alive, or be used as weaponry against hyenas in super rawr form.

Now a great king could be talking to God, Moses, Babe Ruth or maybe even Weird Al (I know he’s not dead, but Hank Hill thinks he’s dead) and suddenly they’re summoned to chat with a living lion. After that summoning, they go back and need to catch up on whatever topic they missed out on.

A great king who went to hell might be eating a scorpion sandwich before being summoned in a volcano hellfire.

BUT IS THIS THE TRUTH

What about the great members of ‘Queen’of the past? I know that Freddie Mercury can go between human heaven and lion heaven because he’s Freddie Mercury.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: so how does this ‘great kings of the past’ thing work an

Postby TheLionPrince » April 12th, 2018, 1:26 am

Based on what The Lion Guard has implied, the spirit of a good monarch is manifested into the clouds while the spirit of an evil monarch is manifested through fire. This does bring similarities to the concept of an afterlife such as heaven and hell. However, what's unknown is who determines if the monarch's spirit goes into "heaven" or "hell". A monarch can do some questionable things and claim it was for the good of the kingdom when they're dead. I assume it's the kings themselves who serve as the judge of someone's soul if there's no supposed God in The Lion King universe. Also, it should work the same way for queens.

Lastly, I think depending on who's being summoned, it's the monarch's choice whether or not they appear before their descendent. Mufasa's spirit didn't appear before Simba when he inquired how he can accept Kovu into his pride, although Mufasa repeatedly appears before Kion.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Re: so how does this ‘great kings of the past’ thing work an

Postby Elton John » April 12th, 2018, 1:37 am

i know others have said it before but kion is likely able to talk to Mufasa more than Simba because the force is stronger within him.

in my headcanon, just for funsies, Mufasa was Anakin Skywalker in a previous life. After his death in return of the jedi, Anakin was given a second chance as a lion on earth. The force still lingered within Mufasa, and like many other force users he could return in spirit form.

but unfortunately the force was weak with Simba, thus he only saw Mufasa when he was incredibly desperate. The Force is stronger within kion, giving him not only the ability to communicate with mufasa more often but his roar works a bit like the force. The only time you see simba communicating with mufasa in tlg is when kion is with him.

The force rubbed off a bit on scar giving him the ability to appear in a volcano.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Return to Beyond The Lion King