MLK Writing Contest #41!

MLK Writing Contest #41!

Postby DGFone » April 16th, 2018, 5:40 am

While WC40 was still happening, there was quite more activity in the fan-fiction section of MLK, so I am feeling quite good about this one. That also means that I am hoping not to be disappointed. No pressure.

Here are the prompts for this writing contest:
So what is this Roar of the Elders, anyways?
Zira while Scar still had his own Lion Guard
Reclaiming the throne of the Pride Lands
Alternate Universe: Write a story with TLK characters in a world other than their own.

Something makes me think we'll be seeing more TLK sci-fi this round. But that's up to you guys! Write whatever you want as long as it fits, even if only just a little, to one of the above prompts. Just keep in mind the following below:

The deadline for this contest will be: 10pm, MST Sunday, April 29th, 2018.

Standard rules apply, as before: The stories cannot exceed more than 4000 words, but need to be more than 1000. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, and don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else. New rule (since I remembered that I wanted to include it previously): Don't post a story you wrote for the contest elsewhere, such as FF.net or AoA, until after the contest is over. Once the submission deadline hits, it's free game for where the story can go.

Good luck authors! I know I asked for 5 stories and only got 3 last time, but now I am hoping, fingers crossed for more. Make it happen everyone!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #41!

Postby FlipMode » April 17th, 2018, 2:35 am

Yep got a couple of ideas forming for two of the prompts so
If I can, y'know, be bothered to write them then I will have an entry in.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Azdgari » April 18th, 2018, 1:47 am

Idea: we should have one prompt chosen by the winner? :excited:
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby DGFone » April 18th, 2018, 3:02 am

We do have the last prompt be chosen by the winner - it's always the last one of the four. "Alternate Universe: Write a story with TLK characters in a world other than their own." is Flip's own prompt. :P

I know it sounds like something I would pick, but I would have written it closer to the lines of "AU TLK" or whatever.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby TLK_Kid » April 18th, 2018, 3:27 pm

That last prompt is making me think...but I wouldn't count on a story from me unless an actual idea hits me, which it might. ;)
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Postby FlipMode » April 19th, 2018, 6:16 pm

[quote="Azdgari"]Idea: we should have one prompt chosen by the winner? :excited:[/quote]

DGF bribed me. He voted for my story in the previous one as long as I picked that prompt for him.
True story
FlipMode

Postby DGFone » April 22nd, 2018, 11:10 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]
DGF bribed me. He voted for my story in the previous one as long as I picked that prompt for him.
True story[/quote]

I'm the king contest moderator, I can do whatever I want! :evil:
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby FlipMode » April 25th, 2018, 12:27 am

No entry from me this time but good luck everyone who is going to enter.
FlipMode

Postby DGFone » April 25th, 2018, 3:11 am

I already got one submission in - looks like there will be no delay this time around. So if you are still planning on submitting - this weekend is the last one!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby DGFone » April 28th, 2018, 12:45 am

It's nearing the end of Friday - making it almost two days left.

I already have 2 submissions, so it looks like there will be no extensions this time around!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest