MLK Writing Contest #44! [Winner!]

MLK Writing Contest #44! [Winner!]

Postby DGFone » September 28th, 2018, 6:02 am

All right you lot, you all had your fun with me not posting this topic right away after the voting round ended. What can I say? A high salt diet is, despite what many health blogs will tell you, still overall healthier than having too little salt, a real risk with low sodium diets. The trick, of course, like everything, is moderation and tailor it to your lifestyle. Wait... why am I giving out dietary advice? What was the topic for originally? Oh, right! The winner for the writing contest. With a unanimous and overwhelming vote, the author of the winning story Lion Guard Short Stories is, if you haven't guessed already...

zerodix

Congratulations!

In second place with zero votes, also a very hard guess here, A Different Kind of Beginning was written by DGFone. Better pick up your game man!

Joking temporarily set aside, Writing Contest 45 will have new rules implemented for it, as discussed before the voting round even started: Fist of all, all word limits will be gone. I.e. stories can be as long or as short as you will want them to be. Second, while prompts will still be a thing, there will be included a fifth "default" prompt: The Lion King. This is just a 'prompt' if you will, that just means that any and all TLK related stories will be accepted. The other rules will remain the same, however: Keep it PG-13 or less, and no resubmitting previously written stories for the writing contest.

With that out of the way, you all may commence with roasting me in the reply posts. Just don't forget to leave something positive to say for zerodix: he did win after all.

Stay tuned for Writing Contest 45!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #44! [Winner!]

Postby FlipMode » September 28th, 2018, 10:50 am

DGFSalt IRL RN

DGF be like: "dnt 4get 2 cngrtulte zerodix"
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby zerodix » September 29th, 2018, 10:12 am

thnx for the cngratulate!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby it means no worries » September 29th, 2018, 1:58 pm

Pushkin medal.
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby zerodix » October 4th, 2018, 12:27 pm

absolutely C:
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Postby Gemini » October 4th, 2018, 8:55 pm

When is 45 coming?
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby DGFone » October 6th, 2018, 5:20 am

If Zerodix won't give me a prompt by tomorrow, I'll go ahead and create the next contest tomorrow evening.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby zerodix » October 8th, 2018, 12:39 pm

i will pm you a prompt now
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Postby WildSimba » October 16th, 2018, 12:50 am

[quote="DGFone"]I'll go ahead and create the next contest tomorrow evening.[/quote]

9 days later, nothing.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Return to MLK Writing Contest