If you watched TLK right now...

Re: If you watched TLK right now...

Postby SimbasGuard » February 12th, 2018, 3:55 am

I have never cried at that scene and I still do not. However that does not mean that I do not truly feel the moment when Simba is trying to encourage his dead Father to get up, or when Simba is crying out to anyone for help.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Bazla1995 » October 9th, 2018, 9:28 pm

YES! I watch the movie again last night and Mufasa's death always makes me cry!
Bazla1995

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby DGFone » October 10th, 2018, 6:26 pm

Here is an interesting twist on this question:

Do you think you will cry, if somehow, you were able to forget everything you knew about the movie, and watched it as a 'first time' experience?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » October 10th, 2018, 6:38 pm

[quote="DGFone"]Here is an interesting twist on this question:

Do you think you will cry, if somehow, you were able to forget everything you knew about the movie, and watched it as a 'first time' experience?[/quote]

dunno

but I also dunno how well i’ll be able to handle mufasas death in the remake assuming they go for photorealistic cgi for the visual style.

i’ll probably be crying like a baby. It’s bad enough seeing toony animated mufasa die.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Vedret » October 10th, 2018, 6:40 pm

Pass the lumons, im crying to much
Vedret
Skull Trooper Main

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

NUmber 1 victory royal

Nickname(s): Skull Trooper
Pride Points: 1

Postby Azdgari » October 11th, 2018, 11:18 pm

Do you think you will cry, if somehow, you were able to forget everything you knew about the movie, and watched it as a 'first time' experience?[/quote]
Oh, there'd be waterworks.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby FlipMode » October 12th, 2018, 10:36 am

Maybe. I watched the film just after my dad passed away and it pretty much changed my entire perspective on the concept of death.
But you can see mufasas death coming from a mile away. The previous scene is him telling Simba "I'm going to die soon but don't worry I'll always be there for you."

That and it's been a while now since my dad has been gone so I don't know if it would make that same connection with me.
I would be interested to try.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby TheLionPrince » October 12th, 2018, 6:03 pm

Most likely. I re-watched Coco last Saturday night and I still get teary-eyed at the end.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » November 7th, 2018, 7:33 pm

Definitely, I find that the older I get the bigger a sap I become.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Julia P » November 25th, 2018, 7:48 pm

Yes I still cry! Not sobbing, but tears always come. Sometimes more than others. When I was a kid I didn't cry, but now I do as an adult. Lol I've become more and more of an emotional person! I hope TLK 2019 does a good job at recapturing this important moment!
Julia P

Fan since '94 and forevermore

Pride Points: 0

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King