What happened to Banzai Shenzi and Ed before the Lion Guard?

What happened to Banzai Shenzi and Ed before the Lion Guard?

Postby JellyMori » October 15th, 2018, 5:40 am

I want to know what happened to them. I always thought Janja was Banzai and Shenzi's son, but is it true? Why don't they mention them at all in The Lion Guard?
JellyMori

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Jelly
Pride Points: 0

Re: What happened to Banzai Shenzi and Ed before the Lion Gu

Postby gothprincesskiara » October 15th, 2018, 4:21 pm

Janja said they died
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby TheLionPrince » October 15th, 2018, 4:21 pm

A teaser for Return of the Roar stated Janja's clan are descendants from Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed. However, you can spin this anyway you want. My head canon is that because there were multiple hyenas gathered at Pride Rock during Scar's reign, there's a high chance that the other hyenas (that are not the main three) mated and gave birth to new hyenas. This brought about Janga's clan who decided to stay in the Outlands.

In The Lion King II, Nuka states that the hyenas ran off. With The Lion Guard involved, he could also be referring to Janga's clan, too. In the end, I believe the main three hyenas, after eating Scar's corpse, later ran away into permanent banishment. So, they're still alive in my view.

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]Janja said they died[/quote]

What episode did he state that? I don't think the hyenas were burnt up in the fire because it started raining shortly after. It's possible that they did, and there was a time gap between Scar's death and the rainfall since film editing can be deceptive.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby JellyMori » October 19th, 2018, 7:08 pm

Do you think we're gonna find out in Season 3?
JellyMori

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gothprincesskiara » October 19th, 2018, 8:56 pm

[quote="JellyMori"]I want to know what happened to them. I always thought Janja was Banzai and Shenzi's son, but is it true? Why don't they mention them at all in The Lion Guard?[/quote]

Janja did mention them, I just cant remember what episode it was
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby JellyMori » October 20th, 2018, 5:29 pm

I found this. Image
JellyMori

Postby Panpardus » October 21st, 2018, 5:51 am

Almost certain that's fake unless the character art department seriously upped their game. They've almost never shown characters from angles like that.

The Return of the Roar teaser described Janja's group as being descendants of the original clan, so I'm inclined to connect them only that far. Personally I think the old trio is dead; that was always my thought when I watched the movie.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby JellyMori » October 30th, 2018, 3:50 am

[quote="Panpardus"]Almost certain that's fake unless the character art department seriously upped their game. They've almost never shown characters from angles like that.[/quote]

Maybe they did. That picture is probably from Season 3, which hasn't even started yet. I CAN'T WAIT!! :superexcited2:
JellyMori

Postby JellyMori » October 30th, 2018, 3:52 am

I also found this video that explains why they don't appear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSN0LLfBzxA

Are people really sensitive nowadays, they can't show a mentally-challenged animal? What do you think?
JellyMori

Postby Elton John » October 30th, 2018, 5:10 am

that video has literally no proof for their claims

in fact you have no proof for any of your claims.

No screenshots of s3 have been shown. we have rough character art of rani but that’s it.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Next

Return to The Lion Guard