Top 5 favorite animated disney films?

Re: Top 5 favorite animated disney films?

Postby FireAndSun » April 6th, 2016, 4:28 pm

(In no particular order)

1. The Lion King. Pretty obvious, since this movie is the reason most of us are on here. I love it for the same reasons everyone else does. The music was great, the characters were all interesting in their own ways, and it just feels big and epic. I loved it as a kid, and I still love it now.

2. Beauty and the Beast. Another one I loved as a kid. The animation in this one is beautiful, the characters all held my attention, and it actually made me like a story that's largely focused on romance. That's no easy feat.

3. Mulan. I also loved this one as a kid. This movie may not be as beloved as the other 2 above it, and I think that's a bit unfair. The music, while not as great as the other 2 above it, is a ton of fun. The plot is interesting. And I just really really relate to Mulan.

4. Zootopia. This one is admittedly pretty new, but I loved it when I saw it in theaters. It's funny, the plot manages to hold your attention even if it is a bit complicated, and the characters are all great. This one, despite not being a traditional Disney movie, did bring back some of the sheer enjoyment I felt watching Disney movies as a kid.

5. Big Hero 6. Another newer Disney movie. I liked this one for pretty much all the other reasons listed above. It's got an interesting plot. The animation is excellent and the setting is cool. All of the characters, though some are more developed than others, are entertaining. And oh lord I love Baymax. He's the best part of the movie hands down. And I liked the main message of the film and how it dealt with grief and loss.
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Postby Gaze » April 13th, 2016, 11:48 pm

it's too difficult to decide an order! but my top 5 are probably The Lion King, Zootopia, The Aristocats, Lilo and Stitch, and Robin Hood. shout out to the Jungle Book and Lady & the Tramp as well
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby Squeely » April 18th, 2016, 10:10 am

Lol Shadow's list is pretty much mine.

1) The Lion King - I can't think of a thing I don't absolutely love about it. Animation is gorgeous, characters are phenomenal, songs are amazing, the whole thing just strikes me right in the heart with how incredible it is. Something about TLK just captivated me far more than any other Disney film has, and for me, it's "lightning in a bottle", meaning I doubt I'll ever love a Disney film as much as I love TLK. I haven't felt like delving deep into the history of other Disney films, or joining fan communities for other Disney films, or discussing theories for other Disney films, and so on. I don't know why, but TLK just has that "something", for me. The fact that it's a sweeping epic starring cats, though, is probably a factor if you know how much of a huge cat lady I am.

2) Beauty and the Beast - The quintessential Disney fairytale movie, and imo easily Disney's best fairytale movie. The whole film is gorgeous, the songs beautiful and memorable, animation stunning, and there are some great themes hidden within, like how the handsome town hero can really be an ugly person, and the hideous beast can really be a kind person. Belle is my favorite princess, and easily my favorite female Disney character aside from Nala. I also really like how they manage to keep the romance between Belle and the Beast from being rushed, as it really helps their love feel a lot more impactful and believable.

3) Tarzan - I'm a huge King Kong fan, and obviously a huge TLK and Beauty and the Beast fan. Put those three films in a blender, and you pretty much get Tarzan. However, it also has plenty of things that make it stand out as an original work; it is far from being too derivative. It is action-packed, packs a lot of fun as well as heart, with beautiful animation (those dappled trees <3) and a solid soundtrack. Also, Turk and Tantor are imo the best animated sidekick characters, because while they do provide a lot of laughs, they also prove how deeply they care about Tarzan. This is such an underrated gem.

4) Mulan - A genderqueer outcast really likes Mulan? You don't say! But aside from how much I relate to the titular character, this is another great one. Again, beautiful animation with a style all its own, amazing songs, everything a stellar Disney film is known for is here in full-swing. And of course I like that it challenges a lot of traditional gender roles, and I enjoy the heck out of the comedic characters, they're great too. And I also like how the romance between Mulan and Shang is implied to potentially be starting up in the end, but it leaves it ambiguous as to how everything will work out.

5) Aladdin - The funny thing is, I usually hate pop culture references, but Robin Williams just makes them so dang enjoyable and endearing in this that I can't help but enjoy them. Aladdin is packed to the brim with explosive action and a vibrant color scheme that just makes it stick out as a bold adventure story in all the best ways. And as I've said with all of these, this too has amazing animation, outstanding songs, great characters, the works. I know I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but those are the things that really lend themselves towards my adoration of a Disney film. And what can I say? I think the Renaissance Era pulled all of those off the best, and these five are shining examples of it. And lastly, rip Robin Williams, you're finally free. Disney never had a friend like you, and I feel they won't capture that special sort of magic you brought to this film again.

Honorable mention goes to... Well, pretty much any Disney film in the Disney canon, from Snow White all the way to Zootopia. All of them are magical and great in their own unique ways (except for stuff like Home on the Range, some of the 00's flubs are best forgotten).
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby zerodix » April 29th, 2016, 10:36 am

here is my top 5:

1. the lion king
is and will be my favorite, good memories and this movie and the franchise means a lot to me. with the lion king i mean all of it, not just the original movie. sp and tlg counted in.

2. zootopia. saw it last month and it is a movie that comes close to tlk in quality story and brilliant humour. best disney film since tlk.

3. beauty and the beast.
the message of this story and i can relate to belle in many ways. i have seen the musical 2 weeks ago and it contains a duet between belle and her father that really hits the feels. wow. be our guest is another great song.

4. the aristocats and jungle book: they share the 4th place, because of the jazzy music and the loveable characters. these movies used to be big favs of me as a kid

5. the little mermaid. because of the music and memories of replaying it as a little kid ^^
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Soren » September 10th, 2016, 1:08 am

I'm going to break the mold a little bit here.

1. The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride
This is my favorite animated movie. Not by much though. Why do I like it more than TLK? I like the soundtrack more, I think the character development is just as good. There's more variety in the characters, and a lot more of them. I relate to a lot of them much more than TLK, Kovu most of all. But most of all there's a lot of depth to it, and a lot of very good messages and life lessons on many different levels (We Are One, Love Will Find A Way, etc.).

2. The Fox And The Hound
I think this is possibly the most sorrowful animated movie that Disney made. The theme of friendship in this movie is so touching, it's enough to bring tears to one's eyes. I relate a lot to Tod, how he was pushed out, mistreated, and misunderstood because he was different. I was crying when Widow Tweed was taking Tod to the game preserve. The ending, while good, is still sad, and it really brings home the reality that not all stories have happy, fun endings.
I absolutely love this movie. One of the most classic ones that Disney has ever made.

3. The Lion King
Why else would I be a part of this site? One of the greatest Disney classics ever! One of the greatest animated movies ever! The opening scene with the sun rising and Lebo M. singing is possibly the most classic opening of any animated movie ever.

4. Zootopia
The idea of mammals living in a civilized society was really good. Many of the developers said that they wanted the film to be reminiscent of Robin Hood (1973). Judy is a pretty solid character. Nick is so slick.

5. Finding Dory
What an amazing movie. I loved that they gave such a detailed showing of Dory's history. There were a lot of really good new characters, too. There were some parts where I cried for poor Dory. I love the style of animation too.
Chasing Cars Sig by SimbasMate

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

I may return.

Nickname(s): Hummingbird, Kiaraholic, Stranger, Dumbo, Balto
Pride Points: 31

Postby Kiana » October 23rd, 2016, 1:30 am

For me Mine are (not in order)

Lion King, Lady and The Tramp, Big Hero 6, Fox and The Hound and Zootopia

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Postby PridelandsPhantom » October 23rd, 2016, 2:49 pm

I'm going to skip putting the Lion King on the list since it's obvious that I love the Lion King.

1. Lady and the Tramp: I'm kind of shocked this isn't on more people's lists for a great Disney movie. I am a huge animal lover and this has always been one of my favorite Disney films. I love the character development and interaction between Tramp and Lady. I also think Jock and Trusty are well-developed characters. The opening scene with Christmas snow is beautiful and who can forget the spaghetti scene? It's a very sweet and romantic movie and I've always loved it.

2.Hercules: I love Hercules because it has a mix of everything to make it a good film. I get that it doesn't follow Greek mythology, but actual Greek mythology is not G rated, so I get why they toned it down. I love Meg, she is one of my all time favorite Disney girls because she's sassy, speaks her mind, and had an independent streak. I could relate to her feeling she had to wall herself off because her heart had been broken (long story) but loved the story between her and Hercules. Hades is a funny bad guy and I like that a lot and Pain and Panic are good sidekicks.

3. Frozen: A lot of people hate Frozen, but I love it. I think it has some very original ideas including Elsa. I relate to Elsa a lot having to be the "good" girl all the time when she's really afraid of her ice powers. She feels she has to make up for hurting Anna and really is being deprived of the love she needs from Ana which help keep her powers controllable. I loved that it turned the whole idea of love at first sight on it's head and that Hans was the bad guy and Kristof the one who really loved Ana. I also love Sven and Olaf and think they're charming. The animation is gorgeous and the songs are beautiful. I like that Ana's love for her sister is what broke the ice spell. Good film.

4. Pocahontas: I am the first person to post this film but I really love the beauty and story of it. It tackles some deep issues such as racism and colonization in America. I love Pocahontas being a strong female lead who is connected to nature and her people. John Smith is handsome (I admit it) and I like that he's willing to look at things differently after meeting her. I do love the love story between John and Pocahontas and think it's very moving. He is literally willing to die for her and even takes a bullet for her father. That is love. I like seeing some Native American characterizations such as Grandmother Willow and I also love Meeko and Percy. Radcliffe first comes off as a pompous pansy, but the hatred he insights is truly evil.

5. This is hard because I have a few that could fit right here. Zootopia, Beauty and the Beast, Oliver and Company, Tangled, The Fox and the Hound, and Bambi. I forgot Tarzan. I also happen to love Atlantis the Lost Empire.
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby Bunga1973 » March 28th, 2019, 5:02 pm

1. FrankenWeenie
2. The Nigthmare Before Christmas
3. Mars Needs Moms
4. Dinosaur
5. Zootoopia
Bunga1973

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nostalgia nerd

Pride Points: 1

Postby Ultra Fox » January 29th, 2020, 3:21 am

Frankenweenus
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby le0 » May 15th, 2020, 8:47 pm

[b]1. The Lion King[/b]
Pretty much the perfect animated work. Incredible animation, story, voice acting, art and everything else. Super emotional and captivating movie that anybody can enjoy (even though it's made for kids) not easy to pull off!

[b]2. The Lion King II[/b]
Maybe not the objectively the best but it's a list of 'favorites' after all and I like the continuation of the original story. Not quite as good but they didn't butcher it either! :P

[b]3. Aladdin[/b]
Very fun, action packed movie.

[b]4. Lilo & Stitch[/b]

[b]5. Bambi[/b]
le0

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Jonas
Pride Points: 15

Previous

Return to The Den