The Lion King 16 bit remastered announced.

The Lion King 16 bit remastered announced.

Postby Elton John » August 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kwm4WRR_MLk

For the Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Also Includes Aladdin 16 bit.

It isn’t a full on remake, but the old sprites will look nice on hdtv’s.

Physical copies can be preordered.

It includes multiple versions of each game, including Genesis/Mega Drive versions of Aladdin / TLK, Game Boy, and I think Game Gear.

Aladdin also has a never before released to the public trade show demo version.

Also includes a variety of bonus features, and unlockable content like art galleries and the full original soundtracks for both games.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: The Lion King 16 bit remastered announced.

Postby DGFone » August 31st, 2019, 3:20 am

Looks interesting. Will definitely keep an eye out on this for more info.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » October 29th, 2019, 3:36 pm

Releases today. Picking up my copy soon.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Stormy » October 30th, 2019, 3:16 am

Got mine today. Had a chance to look through it yet?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby Elton John » October 30th, 2019, 4:49 pm

i was worried digital eclipse would do a shoddy emulation job (they have a long history of bad ports of classic games esp in the early xbox live arcade days) but they did good here.

Plenty of bonus features. Slick presentation. Some nice extra options and quality of life features, plus we get several versions of each game (including the Japanese release)

Shame that Capcom made SNES Aladdin wasn’t included but that might have been a licensing issue.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby DGFone » October 30th, 2019, 7:58 pm

Thinking of grabbing mine on Friday. Just wondering before that: how well does it look like on a high resolution? Was the artwork redone to be high-res, or are they applying post processing to make it look nicer instead of blocky?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » October 31st, 2019, 1:16 am

Don’t expect a ducktales remastered level upgrade. That game was more like a remake, less of a remaster. This is definitely a remaster. There are a variety of filters and the game won’t look like butt on an hdtv (games made with crt tv’s in mind typically look horrid when hooked to an hdtv even with decent cables).

The game still looks a little blocky but its not bad. While I would have liked a ducktales remastered treatment I suppose this is better than nothing.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Stormy » August 20th, 2021, 2:49 am

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/08/disney_classic_games_collection_gets_rated_for_switch_now_with_added_jungle_book

https://www.nintendolife.com/games/nintendo-switch/disney_classic_games_collection

They're adding The Jungle Book to the collection. Except.... things are pointing that it may be resold as another collection, still with Aladdin and The Lion King. Screw Disney if they do that. There’s no doubt they’ll repackage it and sell it, but I seriously hope they leave an option for DLC purchase.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby Lynx » August 28th, 2021, 7:42 pm

Interesting, and I agree, I hope owners of the 2019 compilation can somehow obtain the Jungle Book games.
Lynx

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Stormy » September 23rd, 2021, 9:59 pm

Officially will have DLC for $9.99

also possibly more bonus features/BTS for Lion King
https://youtu.be/UZ2NEse5P_w
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Return to Beyond The Lion King