Rafiki

Re: Rafiki

Postby Moka » May 22nd, 2009, 6:58 am

Asante sanna, squash banana, we we nugu, mi mi apana. xD

I like Rafiki. I think they did a great job keeping his character throughout all the movies. They kept his personality consistent (except in Upendi of course). The return of Robert Guillaume in each one certainly helped remain that consistency. :hmm:

I think I only have two smilies of Rafiki. :o
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbaStar » May 22nd, 2009, 12:23 pm

Oh, yeah. He is funny. He wants to help someone all the time and when he does, something fun is happening :lol:
Hm, I think you need to look after more Rafiki smileys ;)

Hey, you should have this Simbasmiley! : Image
SimbaStar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Only Simba Pride

Pride Points: 0

Postby CheetahCat » May 22nd, 2009, 5:33 pm

Rafiki is such an important character!

He's one of the main reasons Simba got some sense knocked into him, hence the stick lol. ^^ But yeah, seriously, Rafiki is one of the main reasons why the outcome for TLK is in a good stage. Well, if things would go according to plan on some of them lol. He managed to get Kiara and Kovu together until Simba exiled Kovu. ^^ Then there was a point where the monkey helped out Simba in the first film in regards to finding his true nature.

lol, on top of that, Rafiki is a Kung Fu expert, don't wanna get in his way. :o
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby SimbaStar » May 22nd, 2009, 8:50 pm

Yes, he's a important character! i'm glad that there are some characters who makes the movie so interesting. ;)
SimbaStar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Only Simba Pride

Postby SimbasMate » May 27th, 2009, 12:21 am

Rafiki is the best! I really loved him in all three movies. Especially in TLK and TLK 1/2. He was extra funny. I love his personality! So awesome! :confident:
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby SimbaStar » May 28th, 2009, 9:18 am

I really love when he sing:
"Asante san, squash banana"... :lol:
SimbaStar

My Only Simba Pride

Postby CheetahCat » May 28th, 2009, 9:30 am

lol, that's always a great part when he sings that. His little chuckle is funny too. :)
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Meow.

Postby rachelanne » May 28th, 2009, 2:54 pm

haha yes, Rafiki! I used to have one of those books with sound buttons on the sides of different characters saying quotes. My Lion King one had Rafiki singing that song (squash banana), and I used to press it ALL the time haha! :smile2:
Image << by queenofthepridelands
Avatar thanks to queenofthepridelands
rachelanne

Circle of Life

Postby Mike » May 28th, 2009, 11:16 pm

When I was little i used to rewind and play the Kung-Fu Rafiki scene dozens of times in a row :D It was awesome, and I could never get enough of it lol.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby CheetahCat » May 28th, 2009, 11:27 pm

One of my favorite quotes from Rafiki is the one where he goes, "Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or... learn from it."
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Meow.

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters