Sarabi

Re: Sarabi

Postby Nitro » March 23rd, 2011, 9:38 pm

^Agree
Nitro
Green Rider

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 20

Postby Noah » December 6th, 2011, 10:51 pm

Oh I love Sarabi! :proud3:

I wish she had a bigger role in the movie (and any role in the sequel). Her character is so complex, like there's a whole new story waiting in the shadows. What she had to experience when she thought Simba was dead is unjust unfathomable. She reminds me of Mary Tyler Moore's character in Ordinary People. In that movie, MTM plays a mother who loses her son and goes through an emotional rollercoaster. Unfortunately, The Lion King skips from Sarabi's initial grieving to her reunion with nothing in between. So much character developement left unexplored. It's a good thing fanfic writers have picked up the slack. Now if only Disney would decide to do a prequel (I can dream, can't I?)

By the way, Ordinary People is an extraordinary film. Highly recommended. It's in my Top 20 movies. Anyone else seen it and see a connection?
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby RainKissedLioness » December 27th, 2011, 3:00 am

Sarabi is a great character!!!
*Keeper of Nala's Courage*
My pronouns: they/them.
It's the Circle of Life.
And it moves us all.
Through despair and hope,
Through faith and love.
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding.
In the Circle,
The Circle of Life.

-Circle of Life

RainKissedLioness
The Circle of Life!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I love TLK!!!!

Nickname(s): Sagi
Pride Points: 2

Postby Saffyminty » January 13th, 2012, 12:00 am

Sarabi should have had a bigger role in TLK and at least one appearance in SP. I suppose that is the downfall of The Lion King movies being for kids, they can't go for very long. :dignity:
But what is not to love...? We saw little of her but she had great little parts. Like her being a loving mum to Simba, her sticking up for her Pride to Scar, I could go on!!! :proud3:
I think she would make a great character if we got to know her a bit better. But all the more fun for fan-fiction!
She has a lovely design. Her fur colour is really beautiful and I love ear stripes.
Sarabi is just a great character *hugs* :dreamy: It is a real pity she was cut out of Simba's Pride!!!
Signature made by Sophiecub!!!
:mhm: :testify: :superexcited:
Lovely LIONESSES!!!
"If there's so much I must be
Can I still just be me
The way I am?"-Kiara
Saffyminty
Is really a Lioness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Live, Love, Laugh

Nickname(s): Rani
Pride Points: 6

Postby SarabisProtector » September 16th, 2013, 4:19 pm

I think it is fair to say that Sarabi is and always will be the true lion queen.
“All animals, including humans, have a right to lives of dignity and respect, without forced intrusions. We need to accept all beings as and for who they are.” - Marc Bekoff

"First in my prayer, before all other deities,
I call upon Gaia, Primeval Prophetess . . .
The Greek great earth mother."
- Aeschylus

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown"
- Homer
SarabisProtector
The reluctant warrior

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Follow your dreams

Nickname(s): Protector
Pride Points: 2

Previous

Return to The Characters