Scores and Soundtracks!

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: Scores and Soundtracks!

Postby KopsTheTerminator » May 29th, 2011, 1:05 am

Whoa, that remix was surprisingly good! It sounds so awe-inspiring... Really fits the "your time is running out" feeling with the entire emotional distress of main character disappearing and having yet to tell his friend about it. /overanalyzing

You really should watch it; Even if you don't like it, its score is worth it IMO.

And Hans Zimmer worked for Madagascar? Can't be a coincidence. XD
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Misiziri » May 29th, 2011, 1:07 am

Yeah, Hans Zimmer's worked on 50+ movies, but most aren't as musically inclined as TLK so they don't get noticed.
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby AdAstrα » May 29th, 2011, 1:10 am

The Hunchback of Notre Dame Soundtrack <3 Just epic.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Ultra Fox » May 29th, 2011, 1:13 am

Inception's soundtrack is another of one of Zimmer's best.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Annie » May 29th, 2011, 11:12 am

Bumping any old topic is against the rules :\ you could have just made a new one.

Might as well carry on with this one now though. Just please don't do it in the future.

Jerry Goldsmith is good, he does the Mulan soundtrack! That's pure epic.
John Powell did...some good stuff and Howard Shore did TLOTR!

Has anyone heard the NEW Kung Fu Panda soundtrack? it's pure EPIC!
R.I.P Annie, Holly, Spike, Louie, Mel, Robbie, Mr.H, Molly, Archie, Blobby and Dancer <3
Annie
Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Rawr

Pride Points: 29

Postby TheGunner18 » May 29th, 2011, 12:57 pm

No, I personally haven't heard the new KFP 2 sound track yet. :/

The soundtracks that cone to mind straight away, aside from TLK, are Lord Of The Rings, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim theme (absolutely brilliant; one of, if not, the best theme songs I've ever heard. Mass Effect 1 & 2, Gears Of War 2, Halo. Those are ones that really stood out as being amazing soundtracks. Also, as you've probably guessed by now, I'm a very avid gamer XP
All credit goes to SimbaObsesser for the awesome signature!
TheGunner18
Over thinking, over analysing

Separates the body from the mind...

Nickname(s): Gunner, gun, I don't care what you call me.
Pride Points: 17

Postby Simbaholikov » May 29th, 2011, 1:02 pm

[quote="Annie"]Bumping any old topic is against the rules :\ you could have just made a new one.

Might as well carry on with this one now though. Just please don't do it in the future.[/quote]

I honestly don't see why.. if a topic already exists for something, you might as well use it. :/ If we were to make new topics for stuff just because the other topic was old, the forum would be full of duplicates..

Anyways, the score for Black Hawk Down by Hans Zimmer was awesome. :) Definitely caught the North African feel. ^^
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Misiziri » May 29th, 2011, 1:11 pm

[quote="Simbaholic"][quote="Annie"]Bumping any old topic is against the rules :\ you could have just made a new one.

Might as well carry on with this one now though. Just please don't do it in the future.[/quote]

I honestly don't see why.. if a topic already exists for something, you might as well use it. :/ If we were to make new topics for stuff just because the other topic was old, the forum would be full of duplicates..[/quote]

Exactly -_- I didn't bump a topic in the Introductions Section or anything, so I don't see the problem.

Anywho, I just watched How To Train Your Dragon and the soundtrack was good.
Misiziri

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby Kopalover » June 1st, 2011, 3:13 am

I like,
The Transformers soundtrack because it sounds so robotic and amazing !
The Lion king soundtrack, because lion king is my favorite animated movie!
Avatar Soundtrack, the music is different then the usual because they are a new tribe and they have different styles is music. I still love it!
Star Wars soundtrack because well, who doesn't love The Imperial March and Anakin Vs Obi-Wan ? :)
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby FlipMode » June 6th, 2011, 6:34 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldjU8mZb72k God of War 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGf2b1H91JA Metal Gear Solid 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZO1yinBXq4 Kingdom Hearts II

For some reason I seem to catch onto Game OST more than I do films, only the obvious choices like TLK and Star Wars really stand out to me as great scores... Oh and Pirates of the Caribbean.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games