Kovu

Re: Kovu

Postby Nyota » June 5th, 2011, 11:45 pm

I agree, RoguePrince. I don't think hate is as strong as love - to truely hate someone is to wish death on them or want to see them suffer. That can only last till the hated is dead. I mean, there's no way I can hate Hitler because he's dead. I can hate someone(But I WOULDN'T, due to my siggie) until they die, but not afterward.
Love, though, lasts beyond death if it's true. I'd know. I still love my cat who ran off(I know he's still alive though), and my dogs. I will always love them. But hate only lasts so long. It's a barbaric emotion, after all, a numbness. It's actually in my opinion anger and the absence of sense of justice.
Love>hate, to put it simply.
I am a Christian because Father speaks to me and lets me know he's there. And there's no harm in Faith that nothing didn't randomly burst into something and nonlife couldn't've spontaneously generated life out of nowhere.
Kovu fan
Vatani fan
Kopa must DIE theorist
Kopa fan
Nyota
Navi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nyota, Kivaku.
Pride Points: 1

Postby Wave » June 6th, 2011, 1:08 am

i love him!he is my fave then scar,ira,nuka,vitani

simba and his pride are stupid they are NOT right for the kindom!
Zira and Scar are my fave so is kovu i hate SIMBA!
Wave

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby TheLionQueen » June 6th, 2011, 5:32 am

[quote="TheRoguePrince"]You bash Kovu, you get my wrath. Kovu is the singularly best hero ever seen in the TLK series. Consistency? I dare you to find a more consistent character. Even the beloved Simba changes unnacountbly between the movies. Kovu is changed because of emotions he has a weakness for, hatred is not as strong as love, especially when his hatred is proven wrong. Try staying on the path of murder when your foe is vindicated before your eyes.[/quote]

Total truth Kovu is the best and most consistent character in design emotion and basically anything I can think of! I love him so much as a lion king character. At least his face doesn't go from awww so cute to OMG what happened like Vitani. No offense to any Vitani lovers I admit she is awesome, but really she is not a big deal in the movie until the end.
TheLionQueen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rachel or TLQ
Pride Points: 33

Postby Whitelionesseyes » June 6th, 2011, 8:00 pm

I saw the movie Friday, again, for like the 1,000,000 time, and Kovu still captivates me a lot. He's still very interesting and he and Kiara are the ones that have make history in the lion king sequel and will never be forgotten by me, ever. They're my favorite characters in the world, will always be and I'm still learning a lot from them, so thanks to the animators for creating them!!
•·.·¯·.·•—(•÷[•·.·´¯`·.·••°¤*(¯`°(At last I see the light)°´¯)*¤°••·.·´¯`·.·•]÷•)—•·.·¯·.·•

••°¤*(¯`Image°´¯)*¤°••
<º)))><•´¯`•±‡±Sing to me the song of the stars, of your galaxies dancing and laughing and laughing again. When I feel like my home is so far sing to me of the plans for which you sent me to this Earth±‡±•´¯`•><(((º>
Whitelionesseyes
••¤(`×[¤Light Crystal¤]×´)¤••

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

•°¤*(¯`°(We Are One)°´¯)*¤°•

Nickname(s): •°¤*White, lioness, WLE*¤°•

Postby havick » September 13th, 2011, 1:33 am

hes my favorite character of lion king 2 and simba
havick

Nickname(s): Havick
Pride Points: 1

Postby SimbasGuard » September 17th, 2011, 8:21 am

Kovu is Great, because he was able trust his heart, even though it had been poisoned by the upbringing he had. The fact that Kiara's love was able to shatter the hate Zira had filled him with, shows that despite everything he had been taught Kovu did not let his heart grow completely cold, which shows incredible strength of character.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby KentuckyWildcat » September 23rd, 2011, 6:42 am

Kovu was my favorite character when I was a kid, and he remains my favorite now even if I hadn't thought as deeply as some of you as to why he's a true hero (especially TheRoguePrince). There's really not much I can add to that, but I completely agree with those explanations.

My only disappointment is that his quick transformation passes on a chance for even greater character development than he already has. In my opinion, Kiara gets too much credit for changing him so quickly though. As late as the star-gazing scene, he's still deeply conflicted. Kiara sees a cute, innocent image while Kovu sees violence. He wonders if Scar is among the great kings of the past since he had undoubtebly been taught all along that Scar was the greatest king of the past. As he is about to run away to try and make sense of all the thoughts running through his head, not even Kiara's best sad face can stop him.

It is at that moment that the true reason for his overnight transformation appears as Rafiki stops him. Similar to how he made Simba realize that Nala was right in TLK, it is Rafiki and his magical trip to Upendi that fully convinces Kovu of the value of love. I think that a more prolonged period of Kovu struggling with himself before ultimately deciding that love was greater than hate could've been more impactful than resolving everything with that scene, but I understand the time constraints and such.

Wow, that got a little longer than I intended, but yeah, he's my favorite character despite the small flaw in his development.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.
KentuckyWildcat
Mother don't you cry

Hell don't need me

Pride Points: 7

Postby Misiziri » September 23rd, 2011, 9:08 pm

I really dislike Kovu, actually. I passed through a little phase where I liked this character and that ended within about 2 days. Just a very weak character in my opinion, and predictable. His cubby form I like, but adult Kovu? Naah.
Misiziri

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby MuddyMufasa » October 2nd, 2011, 4:52 am

I absolutely adore Kovu.
MuddyMufasa
Mufasa's Biggest Fan

Nickname(s): Muddy, Mufasa
Pride Points: 10

Postby Ophelia » October 2nd, 2011, 1:22 pm

I love Kovu. I adore his relationship with Kiara as well; I think they work rather well together, because they're different but can show each other two sides of the world. I love the scenes when him and Kiara are running together or playing when they're little.
Last edited by Ophelia on October 2nd, 2011, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ophelia

Man was in the forest.

Nickname(s): Abby, Phelia, Ophie
Pride Points: 12

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters