What program do you recomend?

Re: What program do you recomend?

Postby LilTiger » August 2nd, 2009, 6:35 pm

[quote="Simba"]well, I think you have to have a program specifically for ripping DVDs to do that. I believe Magic DVD Ripper was mentioned? my aunt uses that to make copies of movies she buys for all us kids' Christmas presents. it works great.

but you do need a DVD to rip movies, I think. unless you just save YouTube movies.

if you have a camera that records on DVDs, you can always dub it off your TV screen. the sound quality may be off depending on the camera and the room. you need to cover up all windows so you don't get light reflections on the screen in the video, possibly even turn off the lights. then you need to get the camera level with the TV and get it either close enough or zoomed in enough to avoid showing anything outside the screen. and you need to make sure the volume is loud enough for the camera to pick it up well.[/quote]

Where could I get a "Magic DVD Ripper" Cause I'm gonna go to the mall. And how much does it cost?
ImageImageImage
Sig by Simbaholic, userbars by WildSimba and Simba.
LilTiger

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

~*~

Nickname(s): LT, Lil, Tiger, LilT, ZM, Zira, Bored

Postby Simba » August 2nd, 2009, 6:39 pm

usually $34.97, or in the USA anyway. but I've seen it priced $29.97 somewhere. but you'd still have to get the DVD version :oops: and it's $20.99 and up on Amazon.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby KiarasMate » August 3rd, 2009, 2:08 pm

http://www.magicdvdripper.com

You can download the free trial version of Magic DVD Ripper from the link above. The free trial allows you to rip up to 5 DVDs onto your computer without placing any logos or watermarks in the finished product, so it's an awesome trial. I highly recommend that you buy the program though if you are serious about becoming an avid AMV creator. You'll use up your 5 Rips in a heartbeat if you work with a lot of movies. lol. ^^ I also suggest you invest in a external storage device to save your movies and finished videos onto so they don't take up unneceassary space on your computer/laptop. Flash Drives are pretty cheap now-a-days, as are external hard drives if you truly are going to be making a ton of videos. lol. Just my suggestions though. And as for the video editing programs, if you are very familiar with Windoes Movie Maker, than you should upgrade to something like Sony Vegas, but if you've only been working with like pictures and not actual video, you might want to hold off on purchasing a higher end video editing program until you master the basics of WMM. It will save you a bit of time and a few headaches when you actually do upgrade to a better program. :) Again though, just my opinions. Take them as you will LilTiger. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby LilTiger » August 3rd, 2009, 3:20 pm

[quote="KiarasMate"]http://www.magicdvdripper.com

You can download the free trial version of Magic DVD Ripper from the link above. The free trial allows you to rip up to 5 DVDs onto your computer without placing any logos or watermarks in the finished product, so it's an awesome trial. I highly recommend that you buy the program though if you are serious about becoming an avid AMV creator. You'll use up your 5 Rips in a heartbeat if you work with a lot of movies. lol. ^^ I also suggest you invest in a external storage device to save your movies and finished videos onto so they don't take up unneceassary space on your computer/laptop. Flash Drives are pretty cheap now-a-days, as are external hard drives if you truly are going to be making a ton of videos. lol. Just my suggestions though. And as for the video editing programs, if you are very familiar with Windoes Movie Maker, than you should upgrade to something like Sony Vegas, but if you've only been working with like pictures and not actual video, you might want to hold off on purchasing a higher end video editing program until you master the basics of WMM. It will save you a bit of time and a few headaches when you actually do upgrade to a better program. :) Again though, just my opinions. Take them as you will LilTiger. ^^[/quote]

Okay. Thanks!
Any more suggestions?
ImageImageImage
LilTiger

~*~

Postby Simba » August 3rd, 2009, 8:41 pm

yeah, if you have a Sam's Club in your region, that's a great place to look for external hard drives and large capacity flash/jump drives. cause if you want to rip all the TLK movies, much less any other DVDs, and keep your computer from slowing down you'll need one as KM mentioned.
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Postby LilTiger » August 3rd, 2009, 9:31 pm

Thanks.
Does anyone else have any suggestions.
And also, I ripped music on my computer, but I can't get it in WMM. Can you help?
ImageImageImage
LilTiger

~*~

Postby Simba » August 3rd, 2009, 10:22 pm

click Import Media at the top and find the folder the music is in. if you use Vista, it should be in a folder with the title of the CD in the Music folder on your user ;)
Simba

[inactive account]

Postby LilTiger » August 3rd, 2009, 10:24 pm

I tried that but it says something like. "Windows Movie Maker could not import this". And it also says "Invalid Import"
ImageImageImage
LilTiger

~*~

Postby Simba » August 3rd, 2009, 10:31 pm

ok, it might be the wrong file type. go to Windows Media Player. click the arrow under or beside Library at the top. select More Options... in the menu that pops up. a window will come up, click the Rip Music tab. under Rip Settings you should see a drop-down selector for Format. there you can choose the file type of the music you want ripped, like MP3, WAV, etc. but you'll need to rip the CDs again with the new format setting to get a different file type.

but first try clicking Audio or Music under Import to the left. if neither works, I don't know how to help anymore.
Simba

[inactive account]

Postby KiarasMate » August 4th, 2009, 1:17 am

Yeah, depending on the file type and where you actually got the music from, you will probably need to convert the file type into one that WMM can recognize. ^^ If it's not off of a CD, you can download a file converter that can do what Simba stated above, just with files that aren't off of a CD, since if they are from a CD, the way Simba suggested is the easiest. :) It all depends on the file type and where you got it from originally though. ^^

You might want to make sure that all your options and codecs are set and updated for WMM too, as this can lead to problems with importing files into WMM. Just another suggestion though. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

PreviousNext

Return to Other Fan-Created Media