Kopa

Re: Kopa

Postby WindAnnWise » April 12th, 2012, 6:38 pm

I just kind of prefer to pretend he doesn't exist and give a different reason for why Zira and the others were exiled. Simba exiled them because they were so loyal to Scar and Simba couldn't get rid of his resentment for Scar.
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann
Pride Points: 5

Postby mamaprince » April 14th, 2012, 8:08 pm

i don't like to believe the theory that zira killed kopa. i mean , who would kill a cute little cub ? i personally believe kopa was the cub at the end of the lion king , and that zira tried to kill him , but he ran away , and finds a pride of his own.
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Postby DGFone » May 2nd, 2012, 10:25 pm

What I like about Kopa is that as long as a theory is sound, I will like it. So for me, Kopa is an entire collection of characters. If I had to choose, I would go with the "Zira killed Kopa" theory, as it would explain Simba's odd behavior in the second movie, but I can just as well go with Kopa ran away to Kopa never existed.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby fox_fighter99 » July 3rd, 2012, 2:58 am

The "Zira killed Kopa" theory is probably one of the more stable theories in my mind because just like DGFone said it would explain Simba's odd behavior and why he's extreamly over protective of Kiara. I must say that it's sad that he never got a real chance though I would love to see them remake the second movie and have Kopa in it so we can see how the story would have turned out with him and Vitani and the rest of the pride.
Please go here and read my Lion King Fan Fiction and comment love to get feedback from others.
http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23923
fox_fighter99
A Knight of the 4 Paws.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I am both the sword and shield for King Kopa.

Nickname(s): HotRibz
Pride Points: 3

Postby Rhu » July 21st, 2012, 12:01 am

I bet Zira killed Kopa and lol, I love his little tuft of hair
Rhu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jiirani » July 30th, 2012, 3:46 am

It really annoys me when people claim that he did exist in the movie verse and Zira killed him
it's just a theory not fact
but like, it's stupid because Kopa exists in the book - verse and not the movie verse
totally different stories of what happens when Simba takes back pride rock
uwu

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby Chakatheprince » September 1st, 2012, 12:54 am

My favorite character in the whole world!!!! He deserves to be in the movie. :x :sad: :oops: :( :cry: :roll:
THIS
IS
SPARTA!!!
Nah, it's just Chaka. :3 My name is Chaka. Im a brown cub with a kopa-like tuft. I have very cold blue eyes and sharp talon-like claws- so look out! >: D I personally LOVE TLK and Warrior Cats.
Chakatheprince
I can roar.

Nah, I can't.

Pride Points: 1

Postby TLKcrazer » November 25th, 2012, 6:00 pm

Hm... someone's probably said this already, but I'm not one to go reading through hundreds of posts :lol:

Aaanyway... it's strange when people act like Kopa was actually in the movie, then disappeared, like Sarabi. You may argue that "Fluffy" was meant to be Kopa, but there's two ways of looking at the TLK universe: As an actual world, which includes the books, or from the animator's point of view (Basically, from the real world.) Looking at it the first way would make you say "But the two cubs don't look like each other AT ALL! They can't be the same cub." But looking at it from the "real world" you'd for say, "Well, Disney just added a cub at the end of TLK for the sake of completing the film, never really decided the gender or design properly, but in SP, they worked properly on the design, and confirmed it a girl."

Technically, Disney probably MEANT for both cubs to be the same, even if they look different. Why would they want the first cub to be Simba's long lost son killed by Zira, and never mention it in the film? :P

But looking at it from inside the TLK universe (lol, this stuff is hard to explain :lol: ) you can believe almost anything, but all these ideas about Simba having a son killed by Zira are really just "What if's" because Disney never meant this stuff.

Kopa seems ok in the books, but he would have been too similar to Simba, and it's kind of sexist for a disney film to always have a male as heir, judging by today's beliefs. I'm glad they used Kiara instead, she had a diferent personality, but why not like Kopa? We all have our opinions.

And Kopa wasn't going to be used in the movies, he's just from these books that just happened to be published. What if I wrote a story about Zira being in love with Simba, and it got published. Would people stil accept is as canon like the SNA books? :lol:
TLKcrazer

Nickname(s): TLK, crazer
Pride Points: 3

Postby Aina » December 1st, 2012, 10:23 am

[quote="TLKcrazer"]Hm... someone's probably said this already, but I'm not one to go reading through hundreds of posts :lol:

Aaanyway... it's strange when people act like Kopa was actually in the movie, then disappeared, like Sarabi. You may argue that "Fluffy" was meant to be Kopa, but there's two ways of looking at the TLK universe: As an actual world, which includes the books, or from the animator's point of view (Basically, from the real world.) Looking at it the first way would make you say "But the two cubs don't look like each other AT ALL! They can't be the same cub." But looking at it from the "real world" you'd for say, "Well, Disney just added a cub at the end of TLK for the sake of completing the film, never really decided the gender or design properly, but in SP, they worked properly on the design, and confirmed it a girl."

Technically, Disney probably MEANT for both cubs to be the same, even if they look different. Why would they want the first cub to be Simba's long lost son killed by Zira, and never mention it in the film? :P

But looking at it from inside the TLK universe (lol, this stuff is hard to explain :lol: ) you can believe almost anything, but all these ideas about Simba having a son killed by Zira are really just "What if's" because Disney never meant this stuff.

Kopa seems ok in the books, but he would have been too similar to Simba, and it's kind of sexist for a disney film to always have a male as heir, judging by today's beliefs. I'm glad they used Kiara instead, she had a diferent personality, but why not like Kopa? We all have our opinions.

And Kopa wasn't going to be used in the movies, he's just from these books that just happened to be published. What if I wrote a story about Zira being in love with Simba, and it got published. Would people stil accept is as canon like the SNA books? :lol:[/quote]

I completely agree with you! ^^

I know that many TLK fans love Kopa and consider him is an canon character, sorry but I have to say no.

The theory that Zira kills Kopa doesn't have to be the reason why Simba is extremely over-protective with Kiara.
He's been through horrible things during his childhood and every parent who loves their child or children doesn't want them to go through the same difficulties as they did.

The reason why Zira got exiled from the Pridelands doesn't have to be that she killed Kopa. We don't know exactly why it could have been other reasons. Who knows?

And that the cub in the end doesn't look like Kiara at all. Ok I have to agree that the cub looked completely different. But that doesn't have to mean that it was Kopa.
The animators from the first movie called the cub Fluffy who was gender less. They never planned to do a sequel. When they did the sequel it wasn't the same directors and animators who worked with the first one. They decided that the cub was going to be a girl. That's why the presentations look completely different, but so does ALL the characters. It's the same cub but with different colors. But everyone had different colors Simba, Nala, Timon, Pumbaa, Rafiki and Zazu.

I like that Disney decided that the cub would be a girl and not a boy. It makes the story more interesting that the main character is a female.

Ok yeah I know that he appears on the books, but they are not official canon.
If he ever was canon they would have appeared in the movie or the would have mention him. But no they didn't!

But I don't mind the idea that Kopa could be Simba and Nala's son, if was born after the events in the second movie. With other words that he would be Kiara's little brother.

Everyone can believe whatever they want and that's great, but I will never consider him canon unless he actually appears in a movie ;)
Aina

Nickname(s): Aina
Pride Points: 37

Postby TheLionPrince » December 1st, 2012, 8:39 pm

[quote="TLKcrazer"]Hm... someone's probably said this already, but I'm not one to go reading through hundreds of posts :lol:

And Kopa wasn't going to be used in the movies, he's just from these books that just happened to be published. What if I wrote a story about Zira being in love with Simba, and it got published. Would people stil accept is as canon like the SNA books? :lol:[/quote]

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant post.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters