Simba

Re: Simba

Postby HellmotherEva » July 2nd, 2012, 1:13 pm

To be hones... I liked cub-simba... he was js8ut kinda cute, really adorable ^^ ♥ But adult SImba was... Hm... I hatet him in the second movie -.- He changed so much, he was just a fat, stupid ass! o.o
HellmotherEva
I'm a greedy hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hate me, I don't want to argue

Nickname(s): Eva
Pride Points: 4

Postby Kitty » July 30th, 2012, 10:08 pm

Simba's my fave character of them all x3 He is so freakin' adorable as a cub! I love his outgoing personality, and then having to cope with his traumatic experience he encounters.

This may sound mad, but I always find it sad when character's grow up, they become all mature and lose all their innocence, etc. And with adult Simba, it's sad to watch how much he changes. I mean who can blame him for what he's been through and all, but, I always find characters more interesting in their younger years : )

Banner by SophieCub :3
Kitty

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 4

Postby Timon the great » August 20th, 2012, 8:16 am

I like Simba, pretty much the 99.9% way. He went through a good deal of experiences in TLK 1. And I personally think he was just trying to be a good father to Kiara in TLK 2. Whether cub or adult and TLK 1, 2, or 1.5/3, he has my respect ;)
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Tora » September 3rd, 2012, 10:39 pm

Simba is simply the most amazing character of all. His experiences in TLK made him who he was throughout the series. I don't get why some people call him a jerk and that he is overprotective of Kiara, because I know that if I went through the things Simba did I would be the exact same way. 8-) I guess everyone is a critic though. I did love him in TLK1/2 when he was in it. :pinnedya: Especially the part where he just flat out messes with Timon. :playful2:
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Lauren » September 15th, 2012, 3:59 am

Here is one thing that I'm not following the bandwagon on when people do this: I understand that not everyone likes Simba and I respect the opinion of others and move on because I have my positive feelings for him and close similarities. That is why I really love him, along with his achievements, character growth, and personality. Unlike many fans out there, I do not have ANY grudges on him in the second movie. The reason being is because I know how it feels like to not always trust people around your social life or society overall. I have experienced trusting people who have turned out not being the right friends for me. It is hard to get out of that position where you are feeling suspicious or worried about your future social life. Also, Simba and I have both struggled during our childhoods (Simba with the tragedy of Mufasa's death & his exile and me with my Autism). As we got older, it was harder for us to let go of our pasts. Yes, I didn't have a hard tragedy on any family member of mine, but we're still similar on how we grew up. I know that Simba wasn't struggling with his social life, but he did have trouble trusting Kovu. It did take him a lot of time to trust Kovu one step at a time and I fully appreciate that. I despise it when people describe Simba in SP as a complete jerk or idiot. First of all, a jerk is someone who likes to see others suffer and make them feel bad about themselves while the bully is acting so self-centered. An idiot is someone who doesn't have the brain to even think or make proper decisions without reasons. Simba NEVER liked to see anyone suffer and he has a brain to make proper decisions as a king, even if others don't completely agree 100%. I really wanted to express my feelings about this and again, I respect other opinions and my own opinions to the max.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby LionsAreKings » September 15th, 2012, 4:48 am

[quote="Tora"]I don't get why some people call him a jerk [/quote]

I don't think anyone here has said that yet.
Try listening to their music and getting rid of your "filters"
LionsAreKings
The Irregular

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Josh, LAK, LRK
Pride Points: 33

Postby Tora » September 15th, 2012, 2:30 pm

[quote="LionsAreKings"][quote="Tora"]I don't get why some people call him a jerk [/quote]

I don't think anyone here has said that yet.[/quote][quote="MsNatalieRiddleStern"]^ no it isn't. Most people think Simba is handsome and charming, * coughsagreecoughs*
I like Simba only as a cubbie and adult in TLK. In SP he was kinda of a JERK if I might say so myself.[/quote]

Actually they have. ;) I feel that what he has gone through has put him where he was. I just couldn't see myself calling him a jerk; not when all he wants to do is protect his daughter from obvious threats such as the Outsiders.
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Biomac » September 16th, 2012, 12:51 am

[quote="SimbaObsesser"]Here is one thing that I'm not following the bandwagon on when people do this: I understand that not everyone likes Simba and I respect the opinion of others and move on because I have my positive feelings for him and close similarities. That is why I really love him, along with his achievements, character growth, and personality. Unlike many fans out there, I do not have ANY grudges on him in the second movie. The reason being is because I know how it feels like to not always trust people around your social life or society overall. I have experienced trusting people who have turned out not being the right friends for me. It is hard to get out of that position where you are feeling suspicious or worried about your future social life. Also, Simba and I have both struggled during our childhoods (Simba with the tragedy of Mufasa's death & his exile and me with my Autism). As we got older, it was harder for us to let go of our pasts. Yes, I didn't have a hard tragedy on any family member of mine, but we're still similar on how we grew up. I know that Simba wasn't struggling with his social life, but he did have trouble trusting Kovu. It did take him a lot of time to trust Kovu one step at a time and I fully appreciate that. I despise it when people describe Simba in SP as a complete jerk or idiot. First of all, a jerk is someone who likes to see others suffer and make them feel bad about themselves while the bully is acting so self-centered. An idiot is someone who doesn't have the brain to even think or make proper decisions without reasons. Simba NEVER liked to see anyone suffer and he has a brain to make proper decisions as a king, even if others don't completely agree 100%. I really wanted to express my feelings about this and again, I respect other opinions and my own opinions to the max.[/quote]

Same here. You totally pulled out the words of my mouth

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Tabby » September 17th, 2012, 6:12 am

Simba goes from extremly cute and cool to... well, SP's Simba

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Postby Timon the great » September 23rd, 2012, 4:46 am

This may be a little off-topic. But I think what SimbaObsesser has said on this page of the topic goes to show that people/fans should take the time to look at everything there is to consider about something (which in this case is a character). It shouldn't be just the parts of it that they thought were interesting or quickly tuned them out from the rest.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters