Balto

Balto

Postby mamaprince » April 25th, 2013, 2:15 pm

Has anyone ever seen it ? it is such an awesome movie ! info on Balto can be found here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balto_%28film%29
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Re: Balto

Postby Kal » April 25th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Yeah Balto is cool! Not as sure about the sequels, but the original I enjoyed. With The Bacon. :D

I was actually gonna call my new dog Balto at one point too. But there was never a new dog. :/
The Quote Hall Of Fame: show
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Roku - "Roku is awesome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
*Kal bursts into tears of unbridled joy*
The Admiral - "What am I reading?"
Kal
tjúúúú

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The fox around these parts.

Pride Points: 28

Postby mamaprince » April 25th, 2013, 4:22 pm

LOLZ Yeah. Balto is one of the best movies I have ever seen. :p I thought the second was good , but the third one was kinda boring. ;) and aw. :(
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DreamEater » April 25th, 2013, 8:31 pm

I've watched the first movie of Balto several times before as a kid and really, really liked it. I wanted it on actual DVD so I could watch it whenever I wanted but we never had to money or time to get it. It's been a while since I watched it but I'm sure I'll still like it. I can remember watching the 2nd movie on YouTube once and not liking it so much and I'm not really sure if I've ever seen the 3rd one, but I doubt anything will surpass the first. ^^
DreamEater
HEY IT'S ALRIGHT

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

MY LIFE HAS NEVER BEEN A BED OF ROSES

Pride Points: 29

Postby Sigurd » April 26th, 2013, 3:08 am

Saw it once as a kid, it was good, I will probably watch it again soon.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Pride Points: 14

Postby mamaprince » April 27th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Balto is a cool film that I wish was more known. :P And the sequals are bad , but Ok to watch. :P Well , the 3rd is anyway. :P
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Postby Carl » April 28th, 2013, 7:29 am

[quote="mamaprince"]Balto is a cool film that I wish was more known.[/quote]
Huh. That's weird. Cos it seems like I've never met a person who doesn't know it. It was, and still is, a very popular movie in some circles. Then there's people who like it but aren't like fans, and I think that second category is where many of the people who've watched it are at.

Also, shouldn't this be in the Movies & TV section?
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby AdAstrα » April 28th, 2013, 9:32 am

Moved to Movies & TV.

I loved this movie as a kid. Rewatched it a few months ago, and I still like it.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby mamaprince » April 30th, 2013, 9:32 pm

Yeah it's a good movie. But Universal seems not to care about it. :ermm:
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Postby Carl » April 30th, 2013, 9:59 pm

How are they supposed to show they care about it? It's almost 20 years old and had two sequels. There's not a lot they could do at this point; merchandise wouldn't sell very well and more sequels would probably not make much, if any, profit. There's only so much they can do before a movie's popularity dies down and becomes something that would cause them to lose money. It's a sad truth. Some movies will remain popular for a long time, others will not.

Balto is a great movie that deserves more attention, but for Universal to give it more attention at this juncture probably wouldn't benefit them.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Next

Return to The Den