The spammers

The spammers

Postby KingKivuli » November 9th, 2009, 4:32 pm

An issue that has been bugging me, and i'm sure the rest of the moderation staff, if we see spam and go to remove it members have commented on the spam by saying 'Oh i reported you I hope you get kicked' or ' This is just spam can one of the mods please remove it'. Can I just please tell members to NOT reply to spam posts. By all means report spam via the button on the post or by pm but dont physically make a post about it

If one day alot of spam is posted, lets say 20 threads, and members have made comments on the spam, the moderation team then has to go to each member reply and delete it so that there is still a nice flow of reading. We already know what spam is and how to deal with it so please dont reply to spam or make a fuss. Just report it and then continue posting as if nothing happened. We will deal with it. Thanks
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: The spammers

Postby SimbasMate » November 9th, 2009, 4:54 pm

I think, that when people register, that you should have a spam question, like "who is Simba's father" or something. So that if they answer wrong we know that they are a bot/spammer so they can't join.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby KingKivuli » November 9th, 2009, 4:58 pm

we did toy with the idea but sometimes the spammer or even troll knows the answer or looks it up. if the question is to hard then there will be small tlk fans that dont know it so well that cant join
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Postby SimbasMate » November 9th, 2009, 5:03 pm

Oh. I see... Isn't there a question that members would know, but bots won't?
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KingKivuli » November 9th, 2009, 5:07 pm

bots wont be able to get on full stop. but when it is actual people they can look up the answer if its easy enough.
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Postby SimbasMate » November 9th, 2009, 5:10 pm

Bah. That is dumb. Anyway, it is very annoying when people reply to spam. -.-'
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Postby Taka » November 9th, 2009, 5:21 pm

I'm maybe... Whats the name if the dumbest hyena? or something like that
I also hate people who reply spam :ehh:
Taka

Pride Points: 26

Postby KingKivuli » November 9th, 2009, 5:22 pm

its not needed for one thing. cause if you report it it flashes up on moderators screens and it saves us time running around deleting posts the interrupt the flow of reading. if you just report that spam then post as normal by the tiem the spmas gon it looks liek nothign has happened which is what we want
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Postby MusicLion101 » November 9th, 2009, 6:48 pm

Has anyone though about utilising CAPTHCA?
Laterrrr...

^
|
|
And don't forget it..

YOU LOST THE GAME
http://www.twitter.com/ML101
Follow me on Twitter
MusicLion101
Longest Ban Survivor

Pride Points: 9

Postby KingKivuli » November 9th, 2009, 6:58 pm

no thats never come in n any conversation i have had. what is it exactly
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Next

Return to News & Announcements