Balto

Re: Balto

Postby mamaprince » May 1st, 2013, 1:23 pm

Yeah you are proballuy right. It will be one of those films that will never get a blu - ray. :P But I guess i could still make a Balto and Jenna piggy Bank. lol since I just bought a Kovu and Kiara one. :D
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Postby Carl » May 1st, 2013, 2:46 pm

If it does get a Blu Ray, it probably won't be advertised much and could potentially not sell well. That doesn't mean never though! It could still happen.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby mamaprince » May 1st, 2013, 3:12 pm

Yeah there's always hope. :P
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Postby TwilightClover » May 27th, 2013, 11:05 pm

The Balto films are really cool, the third is prob my fave one, then the first probs and then second. They are all good movies :)
TwilightClover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 3

Postby MooLion » July 20th, 2013, 11:26 pm

I'm one of those few who think Balto is a tad overrated. Possibly because it didn't do too well at time of release people feel they need to big it up now, kind of psychologically or something... Don't get me wrong, I do NOT think it's a bad film! It's nice. I just do not believe it's on a brilliant level. I like the design on Balto and it's cool Bacon voiced him. :D
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Kal » July 20th, 2013, 11:28 pm

[quote="MooLion"]I'm one of those few who think Balto is a tad overrated. Possibly because it didn't do too well at time of release people feel they need to big it up now, kind of psychologically or something... Don't get me wrong, I do NOT think it's a bad film! It's nice. I just do not believe it's on a brilliant level. I like the design on Balto and it's cool Bacon voiced him. :D[/quote]

Maybe you underrate it a tad because it wasn't successful on release? That would be quite psychological too! :0
The Quote Hall Of Fame: show
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Roku - "Roku is awesome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
*Kal bursts into tears of unbridled joy*
The Admiral - "What am I reading?"
Kal
tjúúúú

The fox around these parts.

Pride Points: 28

Postby MooLion » July 20th, 2013, 11:34 pm

Nooo! It doesn't work like that! If it's psychological, it's more modern likely I have to level out it's decency due to others overrating! (<-- what did I just write?? :-o) I'm not saying it as a bad thing, anyway! Just a little theory. And as I said, I do like the film!

I think back in 1995 the most I heard about the film was an advertisement for the sticker album at the back of a magazine. :/
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion

When you put out the sun

Postby Kal » July 20th, 2013, 11:37 pm

^ I meantttt, that you paid attention to negative critics and reception from ze media initially, and your opinion was influenced by this maybe... and then probably reinforced by an overrating fan base..
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
Kal
tjúúúú

Postby MooLion » July 20th, 2013, 11:40 pm

I didn't read any critic reviews because I was scarcely aware of the film at the time! I'm innocent. :D I like to read critic reviews these days, although I know opinions differ! To think, the TV Times only gave TLK three or four stars! Pffft.
~Banner by Amy!~
MooLion

When you put out the sun

Postby Kal » July 20th, 2013, 11:43 pm

^ Haha, debate is funnnn! I assumed you wouldn't have had much of an opinion in '95, I did think more later on. But that's no problem, I was just puttin' the idea out there! I just didn't realise you saw the film as such! Must admit, it passed me by on original release... and I saw it a few years back and really liked it... but my enthusiasm has waned since.
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
Kal
tjúúúú

PreviousNext

Return to The Den