Kiara

Re: Kiara

Postby Scars Mate » January 30th, 2013, 8:48 pm

[quote="RealmoftheDragon"]Right? It'd be seriously stupid to say "I hate this character" I swear people don't even know what the word 'hate' means.[/quote]
I know exactly what you mean.

Ask Me ~o~ My Graphics
-Signature by the amazing Shadowfax-
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby Harvs » February 2nd, 2013, 10:02 am

I severely dislike this character. :P

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Credit to my awesome signature goes to Twin.
Harvs
The old Simba66

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The new HarvstootH

Nickname(s): 66, S66, Simby
Pride Points: 54

Postby PrincessKiara » February 2nd, 2013, 11:52 am

[quote="Harvs"]I severely dislike this character. :P[/quote]

What is it about her that you dislike? I`m just asking out of curiousity, it seems odd to state that you dislike a character without giving any reason for your opinion.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Harvs » February 2nd, 2013, 1:17 pm

[quote="PrincessKiara"][quote="Harvs"]I severely dislike this character. :P[/quote]

What is it about her that you dislike? I`m just asking out of curiousity, it seems odd to state that you dislike a character without giving any reason for your opinion.[/quote]

Gladly. I dislike her because she is basically a cardboard cut out of Simba. She makes the same mistakes as Simba, and when she tries to be independent and free, she just comes off as arrogant and airheaded. There's clearly a reason why Simba sends Timon and Pumba to keep an eye on her. And worst of all, she falls in love with the "bad boy" who saves her, yet doesn't realize that Simba loves her as a father, and it was by her own will that she put herself in the situation requiring her to be saved.

Kiara is, in my opinion, boring, airheaded, a stereotypical Disney Princess... and that isn't always a good thing. And one thing that I simply cannot drop. Her design is so very uninspired.

On the whole, I just find her a very boring character to base an entire movie around.

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Credit to my awesome signature goes to Twin.
Harvs
The old Simba66

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The new HarvstootH

Nickname(s): 66, S66, Simby
Pride Points: 54

Postby PrincessKiara » February 3rd, 2013, 6:04 pm

[quote="Harvs"][quote="PrincessKiara"][quote="Harvs"]I severely dislike this character. :P[/quote]

What is it about her that you dislike? I`m just asking out of curiousity, it seems odd to state that you dislike a character without giving any reason for your opinion.[/quote]

Gladly. I dislike her because she is basically a cardboard cut out of Simba. She makes the same mistakes as Simba, and when she tries to be independent and free, she just comes off as arrogant and airheaded. There's clearly a reason why Simba sends Timon and Pumba to keep an eye on her. And worst of all, she falls in love with the "bad boy" who saves her, yet doesn't realize that Simba loves her as a father, and it was by her own will that she put herself in the situation requiring her to be saved.

Kiara is, in my opinion, boring, airheaded, a stereotypical Disney Princess... and that isn't always a good thing. And one thing that I simply cannot drop. Her design is so very uninspired.

On the whole, I just find her a very boring character to base an entire movie around.[/quote]

I do agree with you on Kiaras design, it would have been better if she had green eyes like Nala originally had, and non-colured toes, f.ex. to make her look less like a girl version of Simba.
And, although it is true that Kiara chose a hunting ground farther away, it`s not like she could have known about the fire.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby mamaprince » August 4th, 2013, 12:21 pm

Kiara is The best. :D
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Postby Meskhenet » September 18th, 2013, 11:57 pm

I like Kiara but there are certain traits of hers that I find really distasteful. Altough she is really brave for standing up to her father to desist the fighting between the Outlanders and Pridelanders, and smart enough to sneak away from her babysitters, Timon and Pumbaa, she can be a little selfish and immature at times. For example, insulting her father and then running because Kovu is exiled because he was framed for attempting murder. But I do admire her father/daughter relationship she does have with Simba. Overall I do like Kiara but it's just certain personality traits of hers that just rubs me the wrong way
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby Laim » September 22nd, 2013, 8:00 pm

[quote="Nadra"]Yeah. She does look like Simba, but isn't just a female version of him. She doesn't act like Simba, especially as a young adult.[/quote]
Yes! Kiara is betiful lioness! :-D She don't look only like Simba. She also has something from Nala!
Also she's nice and funny!
Why some people hate her?! I don't undestand them.
Laim

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby SlayerOfLight » September 22nd, 2013, 8:05 pm

[quote="Laim"][quote="Nadra"]Yeah. She does look like Simba, but isn't just a female version of him. She doesn't act like Simba, especially as a young adult.[/quote]
Yes! Kiara is betiful lioness! :-D She don't look only like Simba. She also has something from Nala!
Why some people hate her?! I don't undestand them.[/quote]

Because she reminds me of the stereotypical female teenager with love issues.
SlayerOfLight

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Kiburi » September 22nd, 2013, 9:03 pm

[quote="Nicholas"][quote="Laim"][quote="Nadra"]Yeah. She does look like Simba, but isn't just a female version of him. She doesn't act like Simba, especially as a young adult.[/quote]
Why some people hate her?! I don't undestand them.[/quote]

Because she reminds me of the stereotypical female teenager with love issues.[/quote]
Haha, this is so true. :lol:
Kiburi
A waffle is like

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

A pancake with a syrup trap

Nickname(s): Kib, Kibbles, Kibbles n' Bits
Pride Points: 28

Previous

Return to The Characters