In coming changes

Re: In coming changes

Postby cleargreenwater » September 30th, 2013, 12:25 pm

:huh8:

IMO stick with Archives :lol:

Or something else, I wouldn't do Nostalgia-anything in the section title though because relating to a movie 20 years old new people might go there expecting to read about vintage merchandise or something, and I don't think nostaligia describes what the section is about properly unless you've been here for a while to have nostaligic feelings about the threads in it. :p
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Kipekee » September 30th, 2013, 9:27 pm

I'm excited. There is a TON of old crap around here lately.
Kipekee
Get off my lawn whippersnapper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Queen of Sass

Nickname(s): Miss Fabulous
Pride Points: 23

Postby FlipMode » October 1st, 2013, 12:18 am

Yeah the worse thing is when you find an interesting thread / reply that has a link to a picture or article or whatever source material it is and it's so old that the source is no longer there and it's a dead link. Especially when the post in question relies on readers clicking the link >.> I've definitely seen that around a few times.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Meskhenet » October 1st, 2013, 3:12 am

That's a great idea KK! Not only will it make the forum, but it will also make the forum seem a bit more "cleaner" and organized.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby Timon the great » October 10th, 2013, 5:43 pm

[quote="KingKivuli"]All of this will start taking place over the next month. As such I must ask every member to help us out. If you are in the TLK section and suddenly find topics poof and move... Please do not make your own topic, we have begun our work and people added more to pile slows us down. We will get round to making the new topics it will just take some time, please have patience. We could easily shut MLK down entirely to do this blocking you all out for days, but we do not want to do that as we know MLK is a hub for alot of your contact, all we ask is patience in return ^^[/quote]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we want to create an entirely new topic in a TLK section, then we Can do so, even though I'm assuming the forum changes are now being worked on?

Realistically, I'm thinking "no" because that will slow down the archiving process. But I've been seeing new topics started in the film sections by a new member very lately. So I just want to know the facts before I decide to create a new topic idea, while the forum changes are still being done. Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby KingKivuli » October 10th, 2013, 5:59 pm

The forum changes havnt actually started yet, its not that easy to get all the staff in one place to deal out tasks, I will update when we start doing so.

When we do start DO NOT MAKE NEW TOPICS.
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby Timon the great » October 10th, 2013, 6:15 pm

I see. But just for right now and to get the facts completely straight, Until you let the community know when the process starts, members Are allowed to create brand new topics then?
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby KingKivuli » October 10th, 2013, 6:16 pm

Yes, if the topics stay active we will try not to move them
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Postby KingKivuli » October 12th, 2013, 10:08 pm

Ok folks this is it, we are going to be starting work on the forums
We will be focussed on ALL TLK TOPICS thats characters, broadway, music, general chit chat, rps and fanfics. It is all going to be moved, even the topics that had been made recently. Once we have finsihed, and i will let you know when, Just give me a PM if you made one of those recent topics and I will move it back if it is viable

I said this before and I will say it again

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN ANY TOPICS OR MAKE NEW ONES IN ANY TLK SECTION!!!

This will slow down our work and cause more bother. I do not want to have to totally lock down those sections all I am asking is for patience, let us do our work please. When we are done and new sections are created, I will tell you. Until then please dont go near it. If we find that people are still posting in these section, I will have to lock them down :/

Thank you all we should be done within a few days!!
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Postby FlipMode » October 12th, 2013, 10:14 pm

[quote="KingKivuli"]
PLEASE DO NOT POST IN ANY TOPICS OR MAKE NEW ONES IN ANY TLK SECTION!!!

This will slow down our work and cause more bother. I do not want to have to totally lock down those sections all I am asking is for patience, let us do our work please. When we are done and new sections are created, I will tell you. Until then please dont go near it. If we find that people are still posting in these section, I will have to lock them down :/

Thank you all we should be done within a few days!![/quote]

You may as well just lock them down if we can't post in them anyway...
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements